Can glory be brought once again to Deportivo?

Crippler

Reaction score
Hello everyone, this is the introduction post to what will be a R.C. Deportivo de la Coruña story, every season (if I happen to need more than one) will be archived in this post so if you can reach a point in time if you wish to.

Wikipedia said:
Real Club Deportivo de La Coruña, S.A.D. (in English Royal Sports Club of La Coruna) is a Galician football club from La Coruña, member of the LFP. The club was founded in 1906, and holds home games at the Riazor, with a capacity of 34,600 spectators.
They are the most successful football club in Galicia, having won one La Liga title, two Spanish Cups, and three Spanish Super Cups. They have also participated in the UEFA Champions League five times and also the UEFA Cup another five times.
They hold a national rivalry with fellow Galicians R.C. Celta de Vigo, and traditionally play in blue and white striped shirts with blue shorts and socks.

Now João Silva better known as Crippler will defy himself bringing glory once again to Deportivo.

Index
Season 1 - The Top-Half
> August - Pre-Season and 1st match
>
September - 13 points out of 15

Last edited:
Good luck, I really enjoyed playing as Deportivo in this year's FM, they've been relegated on my Espanyol story though XD

Good idea with archiving the dates too.

Season 1
The Top-Half

August - Pre-season and 1st match

It was a rough start with many choices to be made, the budget was low and due to that I saw no harm in selling who was probably the team's best player, Filipe, to Man Utd by £7M. That move alone allowed me to buy the rest of the players I needed for an even team: Morel Rodríguez, Manu del Moral, Gámez and Pedretti.
View attachment 28914

It was a big investment specially for a club in debt but hopefully I'll get more than just the top-half and reach the Europe.

With very few friendlies (this one being my fault) the team wasn't clearly in the best shape, yet the moral was very high and so we had to start the Liga home against R. Madrid. It was an hectic match and I may have lost but I'm still proud as the team did pretty well there.
View attachment 28915

September Preview:

Fixtures
Espanyol [A] - Liga BBVA
Zaragoza [H] - Liga BBVA
Almería [A] - Liga BBVA
Mallorca [A] - Liga BBVA
Xerez [H] - Liga BBVA

Clearly my personal expectations are to win the home encounters and don't lose points away, the teams aren't that hard at the exception of maybe Espanyol and I believe my squad is good enough for the challenge.

Ideas and suggestions to make this story more reader-friendly are welcome.

Hope Espanyol beat ya ;) XD Nah good luck mate.

Some good transfers there. I will definitely be following. :)

Good luck matey, some great signings there to. what a game against real madrid so many goals lol.

September - 13 points out of 15

To Mike's content I failed to win over Espanyol but the good side is that they also fail to win as both teams were clearly offering balls to the people on the stands. On my point of view it was a good result since it wasn't an easy match.
View attachment 29380

Deportivo took their chances against Zaragoza onto an almost sold out crowd and got themselves the 1st official win for the League.
View attachment 29382

In a very close encounter against Almería my boys had to work to overcome the loss in the score that Kalu Uche set 7' in the game.
View attachment 29383

A great unexpected result agains Mallorca as they played a really poor football and allowed my team to score 2 goals and take the 3 points home.
View attachment 29384

After such great results I could only ask for my team to don't let me down against Xerez and they didn't. Already winning 3-0 on the break and the rest was history.
View attachment 29385

After this great results I'm sitting on the 1st spot, it shouldn't last long but it's still a great way to close September!
View attachment 29389

October Preview:

Fixtures
Getafe [A] - Liga BBVA
Racing [A] - Liga BBVA
Málaga [H] - Liga BBVA
Athletic [H] - Liga BBVA

While I don't believe I'll stay on top for longer, Barca has less 2 games just as an example, I do expect to get the 12 points available in October, we'll see how my team performs there.

This layout is clearly different from the one I use in the Genoa joint-story, that was made on purpose as I'm looking to try different approaches but as always ideas and suggestions to make this story more reader-friendly are welcome.​

some great results there mate, good win against zaragoza, well done for being to of the league to. lets just hope madrid lose there game in hand lol

excellent start mate and very interesting signings too!