• Thread starter Thread starter Mr_Grieves
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 37
  • Views Views 9K

Mr_Grieves

Reaction score
Giovanni Trapattoni
"One of the most celebrated managers in football history"
Trapattoni is one of only two coaches, alongside the Austrian Ernst Happel, to have won the league title in four different countries. He is also one of two coaches to have won all three major European club titles

Managerial honors
Italy
Italian League (6): 1976–77, 1977–78, 1980–81, 1981–82, 1983–84, 1985–86, 1988–89
Italian Cup (2): 1978–79, 1982–83

German
German League (1): 1996–97
German Cup (1): 1997–98
German League Cup (1): 1996–97

Portugal
Portuguese League (1): 2004–05

Austria
Austrian League (1): 2006–07

Uefa
European Cup (1): 1984–85
UEFA Cup Winners' Cup (1): 1984
UEFA Cup (2): 1977, 1991, 1993
European Super Cup (1): 1984

World
Intercontinental Cup (1): 1985

Total
Domestic league - 9, 4 country
Domestic cups - 4, 2 countrys
Champions league - 1
Europa League - 2
Super Cup - 1
World Club - 1

So this is what the great man has achieved and i aim to better it. He managed club teams from 1974-2008 so im giving myself 30 years to achieve my mission to out do him which is

Minimum of
Domestic league - 10 in 5 country's
Domestic cups - 5, in 3 country's
Champions league - 1
Europa League - ? - total Champions league of europa league wins minimum of 4
Super Cup - 2
World Club - 2

Available after all club achievement are met
International
Continental title - 1
World cup - 1

A few rules for me to follow
- Trap never spent more than 300 games at 1 team so must do the same
- As stated above i have 30 years to win all the club awards
- Traps 1st job was AC Milan a failing giant of Italian Football who finished 7th in the league when he took over so the team i pick must have finished in 7th the previous season. Making Traps former team Juventus a idea place to start.
- Trap was a former international player so i will be too.

Hope i do good and you all enjoy my 1st story of 2011/12. Standard of story's on here nowadays are amazing! Well done everyone.

12th July 2011
View attachment 220621

Juventus have announced to Promote youth coach Darran Donald to takeover as the clubs manager.

With the current chairman Andrea Agnelli being open to offers on the club the 2 year contract he was given may only be a temporary role for Donald who will be doing all he can to prove himself to the fans and potential buyers that he has the skills to take the club back to the top of Seria A following years of failure since the betting scandel of 2006.

Agnelli hopes Donalds knowledge of the whole squad can mean he can get right to work with preparing for the new season where the minimum expectation is to challenge for the title.

Upon his appointment Donald has declared his ambition to tackle the squad size which he claims is far too big and Remove the Co-owned player policy from the club in the long term while short term he plans to put together the best team he can to challenge for the title.

Press Confrence to follow

Press Conference
Darran Donald held a short and shocking press conference today with the loudest message being that the old guard is on the way out!
Big earners Iaquinta, Luca Toni and Amauri have all been told they are free to leave the club and will not play again under
Donalds tenure.​
They were not alone as other squad veterans Simone Pepe, Andrea Barzagli, Paolo De Ceglie and Marco Storari have all been told to find a new club for the next season while Alessandro Marti and Pazienza have been offered on loan with the option to buy.

On players coming in Donald has Announced they have entered talks with Barcelona Winger Ibrahim Afellay and hope to add a left back to the team for the new season while no talk of new strikers until the current players are moved on.

Darran was very open about his youthful age for a manager at only 26 by signing up 3 of Italy's most respected coaches Franco Baldini, Valter Di Salvo and Franco Tacredi to help run the backroom team.Other notes to come out of the meeting was club legend Del Piero and Gigi Buffon would be staying on as captain and vice captain and Donald hopes to renew his contract past this season.Referring to his approach Darran says he favors an attacking team who will press all over the pitch and build around key players through the spine of the team leading towards a sole striker to finish off the hard work of his team mates​

Last edited:
Summer of 2011

A disappointing summer for the old lady in the transfer window and in the board room.

Former midfield star Pavel Nedved's attempts to take over the club failed on transfer deadline day so no change in chairman.

The transfer window in the managers words "didnt quite go to plan".

Three players joined Timo Hildebrand on a free to be back up for Buffon. To fill the gaps on the left wing Ibrahim Afellay for a bargain £1.7m from Barcelona and Palermo's Italitan left back Federico Balzaretti at a cost of £15m took away most the transfer funds.

On the sales side i failed badly. Free transfers for over 30 youth players who didnt make the grade

Only managed to sell outright two goalkeepers Manninger and Storari for £1m each.

Following a fallout with both Toni and Amuni they joined Ianuinta all went out of my way to Siena our feeder team. out on loan with a view to a sale goes Motta, Matri, De Ceglie, Barzagli and Pepe. Might have been better keeping them for squad depth but i dont usually keep any players im not intending to use

Fantastic idea man! Great so far , keep it up!

*To the tune of Jackys army* We're all part of Trapys Army and we're all off to Pol-Kraine , and we'll really shake them up when we lift the Euro Cup , cause Ireland are the greatest football team!

Juventus Pre Season review with the legend James Richardson
View attachment 221306

With a new season about to begin in Italy Juventus dominant champions during the 1990's now trying to reestablish themselves at the top of the table. Many believe there time is now however they have taken the unusual approach of appointing a 25 year old Scotsman Darran Donald.

His transfer dealing in the summer have left more questions than answers with the smallest 1st team in the league and he let go of 3 of the leagues best forwards in Amauri, Toni and Iaqinta out on loan to feeder team Siena after fall outs with Toni and Amauri. On the other end of the scale the capture of Ibrahim Affelay could turn out to be the bargain of the season after costing a mere £1.7m to get him out of his Barcelona contract could turn out to be a masterstroke.

Prediction - 3rd
A small squad with little depth but full of quality and experience and if they can all stay fit then a run at the title may be possible and the least he will have to do to impress his demanding board.

Last edited:
September

Month Review
Was down hearted after the first match loosing to what i hope to be a fellow title rival but we have since pulled ourself up and got 9 points on the board to make a satisfactory start to our season.
View attachment 221382

Player of the month - Ibrahim Afellay
For £1.7m we spent on Afellay has been greatly returned on his first month at the club. Scoring the only goal against Cagliari after poor finishing by the other attackers got us on the way to win that game and the next 2 including a trip to Napoli

Juventus 0-1 AC Milan
Having edged the match my first match goes down as an unfortunate defeat. Two goals disaloud in 4 minutes put the exclamation mark on my debut
Cagliari 0-2 Juventus
Afellay
My first win came against little Cagliari who put up litte fight as a tap in from Afellay and a O'G had us well in control by the first half hour. Even a late red card for Lichstiner didnt change the game at all.

Juventus 3-0 Cesena
Pirlo, Vucinic
Helped towards a easy win by our most consistant goal scorer O'G and a screamer via Pirlo and finishing it off with a goal from striker Vucinovic

Napoli 0-1 Juventus
Vucinic
A third consecutive win with Vucinic on the scoresheet again. Took the lead early on and then shut up shop and to my shock and delight we held off the strength of Napoli's attacking force.

October

Month Review
If we had played better against Udinese then this might have been a perfect month. 3 big home wins helped us to a share of the lead at the top of the table as we head into the winter with Inter Milan up next in a short month due to international matches
View attachment 221731

Player of the month
This time Im going to give it to Gigi Buffon. So far this season he as only let in 3 goals in 2 matches keeping 7 clean sheets providing a brilliant final line of defense to our team.Juventus 3-0 Catania
Vucinic 2, Del Piero
Fourth win on the trot and this one was simple. Match was dominated and we even got the luxary of getting Del boy of the mark for the season

Bologna
0-2 Juventus
Lichsteiner, Quagliarella
This looked like it would be the end of the run. No Vucinic due to injury on international duty so Del Piero stated his first game and was making little impact up to the 51st minute when Bologna went downto 10 men. We quickly took the lead and the game was safe from there on in

Juventus 4-0 Chievo
Marchisio 3, Del Piero
Match was over after half a hour as we raced into a 4-0 lead i then gave Del Piero and Pirlo a rest with Udinese up next

Udinese 2-0 Juventus
In a scrappy game we made two crucial mistakes including giving away a penalty. Buffons long run wihout conceding is over! as Udinese draw level with Juventus at the sumit

Juventus 4-0 Roma
Vidal pen, Krasic, Quagliarella, Giaccherini
Roma who were just 1 point behind going into this match were 1-0 and in a great battle when De Rossi lost the plot and got sent off and his team fell apart around him.

Last edited:
November

Month Review
3 games 3 wins. Hoped to get a draw from the two away games so am delighted to get 9 points. In the table we pulled 3 points clear of Udinese and 5 clear of Atlanta who started the season with -6 points and they are up next. Had some work in the transfer market during November too. Brought in German Arne Freidereich on a free while leaving was Amauri on a free after i cancelled his and Toni's loans at Siena. Toni will be leaving to Werder Bremen in January.
Krasic Goals and assists galore! Krasic has been the bolt that has made us tick since he came into the team after a early season injury

Inter 3-4 Juventus
Krasic, Quagliarella, O'G, Pirlo
What a match. Took the lead in the first 5 minutes from Krasic before Inter quickly equalised. Quagliarella gave us the lead going into half time. Second half we sprung out the box and race into a 4-1 lead and looked very safe but inter fought back into it and made the last 10 minuted very worrying but we held on to finally get a win against a big team without having any red cards.
Juventus 4-0 Novara
Quagliarella 2, Afellay, Krasic
Again we walked this home game. Krasic was the star with a goal at the death to put the exclimation mark on his performance.

Fiorentina 1-2 Juventus
O'G, Vucinic
A rare occasion where we had to fight from behind to get the win. Vucinic's return couldnt have been better timed.

December

Month Review
After thinking last month was as good as it gets December was unbelievable 4 wins and a aggregate win of 15-1.
View attachment 222046

Player of the month
Claudio Marchiso - Scored in 3/4 games from a holding midfield role adding a few assists and a man of the match award.
Juventus 4-0 Atalanta
Marchisio, O'G, Vucinic, Vidal
This the best the league has to offer? Too easy don't even need the O'G to get the wins. On a side note its the first time Atalanta have dropped points away all season

Siena 1-5 Juventus
Vucinic 2, Elia, Krasic, Marchisio
Siena are bottom of the table and today we saw why. 6 points clear with 6 wins in a row

Juventus 3-0 Lecce
Quagliarella 2, Krasic
Tougher game than it should have been. Tried giving Del Piero a go upfront but it just didn't work. Quagliarella came on and turned the game so will now be my 2nd choice forward

Parma 0-3 Juventus
Marchisio, Vucinic, Vidal pen
Total domination is Juventus at the moment. 8th win in a row with a win against Parma who couldn't even get a shot on goal is a perfect way to end the year.

Mid Season review

Well the season has gone so much better than I could have dreamed of. With my wafer thin squad I thought we might be just off the pace of the leaders somewhere from 5th higher. We are 10 points clear of 5th place and 7 points ahead of 2nd.

Player wise we have had a few starts so far this season. 3 of the top 4 players in average rating are from Juvi. Vucinic top rating, Krasic top of Assists and Vidal top of passing at a massive 94%.

So far my biggest worry is how do I improve on this team?

January

Month Review
Our charge seemed to have a bit less steam behind it than before the Christmas break. A failure to add any players was pretty disappointing too. Tried for Tevez but he was £5m out of my best offer and wages would probably be no hope. Cup form has been fine but against unproven opposition. League has been acceptable except the defeat to Palermo, think we could have done better against Milan defensively but still happy to take a point from the San siro.

Transfer changes - Sold Luca Toni on a free, no change then

Player of the month - Vucinic
Scored in every league match this month. His unbelievable return since Christmas has been phenomenal.
Juventus 2-0 Genoa
Krasic, Vucinic
First match back after the break and we pick up where we left off with a convincing and controlled win

Juventus 2-0 Bolognia - Italian cup 1st RD
Quagliarella 2
Played a back up side and they had no problems dismissing Bolognia in the standard way

Palermo 2-1 Juventus
Vucinic
Total domination doesn't guarantee a win. Today we found this out. Still top so hopefully this will serves awake up call

Lazio 0-2 Juventus
Vucinic, Quagliarella
Came back from a poor finishing display against Palermo with a decisive one against Lazio who put up a much sterner defensive test.

Juventus 3-0 Novara - Italian cup 2nd RD
Quagliarella, Giaccherini, Marchisio
Cup team played again and cup team won easily again as they easily saw there way past another poor excuse for a Serie A team

AC Milan 2-2 Juventus
Vucinic, Krasic
Taking a 2 goal lead this seemed like it was going to be a great opportunity to extend our lead in the league however Milan fought back into the game and were lucky enough to hold of our late charge.

February

Month Review
Awkward month here. Were unbeaten but our finishing has been poor and cost us in home games against Cagliari and Bolognia and we will need better next month with Inter and Udinese and the cup 2nd leg at the beginning of the month
View attachment 222713

Player of the month - Elia
Earned a place in the team with Afellay being out injured all month. Scored two vital goals to keep us in the Italian cup and to get the 3 points against Chievo at the end of the month
Juventus 0-0 Cagliari
Played well enough just another game where we couldn't find the goal. Gap down to 6 points

Cesena 0-2 Juventus
Vucinic, Krasic
Cesena have quite a strong defense so to get a win here is a god result following our last result

Juventus 1-1 Inter Italian cup Semi finals 1st leg
Elia
A very close game where we took a early lead but never managed to put the game to bed and paid for it as Pazzini equalized for the resurgent Inter

Juventus 1-0 Napoli
Vucinic
72% possession and total domination of the game but only got 1 goal. We need to get out of this low scoring rut soon. Got a big scare when Napoli had a shot cleared off the line in the 92 minute

Catania 1-3 Juventus
Krasic, Vucinic 2
After a tight first half where we were being held to a 1-1 draw Catania's Maxi LOpez got sent off and that was the game changing decision that worked in out favor

Juventus 0-0 Bolognia
Bolognia had out number today. We just couldn't play our game and its cost us another 2 points.

Chievo 0-1 Juventus
Elia
Another 1-0 win where we were totally dominated the match but couldn't find that 2nd goal to kill off the game.

Chiellini demands improvement

View attachment 222715
After two slip ups in the league center back Giorgio Chiellini has demanded his attackers follow his lead and start doing there job. After his defense kept 5 clean sheets in 7 games he was clearly angered that they lost 4 points due to a failure to score. This must improve next month.​

March

Month Review
A small improvement this month. Brilliant result against Udinese but still lacking against Inter but we still have a big gap over the rest in the league 12 points so should be safe.
View attachment 222727

Player of the month - Vuicinic
The safe bet for player of the month. Always reliable except for against Inter which showed we still have a lot of improvements to make as a team.

Juventus 3-0 Udinese
Pirlo, Vucinic, Giaccherini
Exactly the performance and result we needed to kick off this month. More of the same for our double header against Inter please

Roma 1-1 Juventus
Vucinic
Vucinic looked to have given us a huge win until Roma equalized in the 92nd minute to dampen our spirits going into the Inter double header

Juventus 1-1 Inter
Krasic
The top two fought out a draw at the Juventus stadium. Inter took a early lead and held that till the last 10 minutes where Krasic lead our late charge to steal a draw.

Inter 1-0 Juventus AGG 2-1 - Italian cup Semi finals 2nd leg
Inter were just the better team on the night and we had our familiar problem infront of goal put us out of the cup

Novara 0-3 JUventus
O'G, Krasic, Vucinic
Much better performance but it was against a very average team

Juventus 1-0 Fiorentina
Chiellini
Most dominant performance of the season 75% possession but just 1 goal.

April

Month Review
At the Atlanta game I got the feeling that we were away to throw away the league but 4 wins on the trot gave us the title at the first attempt. Great start to the mission
View attachment 222863

Player of the month - Vucinic
Last month his goals were key this month he was even more prolific and was scoring for fun. Player of the season no doubt
Atlanta 3-1 Juvetus
Vucinic
Wow this would be a shock as it is but its even more shocking after having a 1-0 lead. Buffon made 2 mistakes today. Can't be too mad after all the clean sheets he's kept

Juventus 5-0 Siena
Vucinic 3, Elia, Vidal
Comfortable win as Vucinic ran Siena ragged

Lecce 0-2 Juventus
Vucinic, Krasic
Vucinic lead us on our victorious way a goal and a assist. 1 point against Parma and we win the league

Juventus 3-1 Parma
Vucinic 2, O'G
Ended up being closer than i expected. Dominant as always Hernan Crespo pulled parma level but on this day we fought back like champions and got the win that clinched the title at the first attempt

Genoa 0-3 Juventus
Chiellini, Vucinic, Elia
Genoa are in the bottom 3 and it would be great to see them go down and hopefully I can grab some good players today's result might help that

Back