Can i get a Trap? The stuff Italian legends are made of

• Thread starter Thread starter Mr_Grieves
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 37
  • Views Views 9K
May Results

Juventus 2-0 Palermo
O'g, Balzaretti
Tried a few back up players and still got a win, helped by Parma being knackered after winning the Italian Cup on the wednesday before

Juventus 1-0 Lazio
Vucinic
Mirko Vucinic rounded off our season the way we've played. Created lots of chances just not put enough of them away and relying on Buffon's keeping a clean sheet

Last edited:
Season 1 2011/12 season Review

Serie A
Brilliant season. 29 wins and 92 points would be a great achievement in any season never mind my first season with a wafer thin squad. Only negative was when we played the two Milan teams I felt we were still weaker than them and were relying on the counter attack to get a result so plenty of progress to be made although there's no taking away we had an amazing season finishing well ahead of our predicted 3rd place.

Final Table
View attachment 222880

Italian cup
Our run to the semi finals wasn't too hard. All Serie A teams were not up to the challenge of taking us on until we faced Inter who over both legs were the better team and opened my eyes to where we have to be to challenge in Europe as well as dominating Italy

View attachment 222879

Player of the season

1 Mirko Vucinic
The man was unbelievable. Almost a goal a game and 10 assists. Over the season the amount of games where we won based on Vucinic showed how invaluable he was. We must look for others to be more important next season to take the our reliance off him.

2 Milos Krasic
Milos was a brilliant wing man to Vucinic with 12 goals and assists. Missed the first few months with injury but came back with a bang to be a star player and make the right midfield role his own.

3 F Balzaretti
After spending £15m to get the best Italian left back i could find. Thought i totally overspent and 6 man of the matches and our best ratting defender over the season. At 30 he still has another 4 season in him so hopefully he can keep this up.
View attachment 222878

Main summer signings reviewed

I Afellay
Made an amazing start for us and looks like he'll be a great signing but spend almost all of the second half of the season with injury constantly getting injured on his come backs. Hopefully with a summer off too totally recuperate he will be back with a bang next year.

Other players signed Hildebrand and Friedriech were both back ups only playing 15 games between them and both could leave in the summer

Gazzetta Season overview

View attachment 222881

My aim was to get into the champions league so a top 3 finish would be enough but to spend most the season top of the table and to dominate the league was beyond anything I'd dreamed of. Cup was a bit of a let down going out in a tight semi final fight with Inter but the cup will always be bottom of the priority with the league and now Europe being on the agenda. Now onto the summer a lot of players to leave, maybe get a few players in to give us more depth and strength to go to Europe.

Season 2 - 2012/2013

In my second season i hope we can challenge for the title again, minimum target top 3 and champions league qualification.

In Europe we were only given 3rd seeds so got a tough group with Man Utd, Sevilla and Dinamo so we should at least get to the Europa league not setting a minimum target this is a learning season in europe. Would like to get through our group if we don't then semi finals of the europa league

For the Italian cup i don't mind how we do as long as when we do go out it is to a major team

Targets
Serie A - Top 3
Italian Cup - beat all non top 5 teams
Champions league - Group qualification

Main signings
Nicolas Gaitan - Was offered him for £11m and got the deal down to £8.5 which i consider a very good deal Hopefully he can add the goals that were missing from the left wing last year

Marek Hamsik - Wasn't very impressive last year but have seen him do wonders in other FM games so have so qualms about spending £30m for him to satisfy me that ive completed my midfield.

Chris Samba - Was quite happy with the defense i had in place but when Samba was offered i felt he would improve it so spent the money i made clearing out reserves on him. Was very impressive 7.32 last season so hopefully him and Chiellini will make one of the worlds best defensive units

Other key additions are Brazilian attacking midfielder Thiago Neves, and Sergio Asenjo on free transfers. Completed the deal to sign co-owned Giaccherini. Bought youngsters Alberto Paloschi and Diego Polenta and loaned them out and my final signing was to loan Joleon Lescott.

Almost a great summer the only thing i missed out on was another world class forward to add depth to that position so will again be relying on Quagliarella and Vucinic again

Main Player sales

Hildebrand like Arne Friedrich at 32 was falling down the order and saw this as my last chance to get cash for him. Apart from that by selling off almost all the reserves we had stacked up in our squad we made £15m and saved that again in wages still have another 10 players unwanted that are out on loan.

Ibrahim Afellay - Despite being well in my plans at the end of the season Ibrahim Afellay spent the summer arguing with me and disagreeing and with the additions of Gaitan and Thiago Navas i decided to sell him rather than have him upsetting my team making £7m profit on the £1.7m i spent to get him.
Italian Super Cup final
Juventus 2-1 Palermo
Chiellini, Quagliarella
We put on a good controlled display to secure the first trophy of the season

Juventus Pre Season review with the legend James Richardson
View attachment 223305

Darran Donald has set very high standards from his first season in charge proving his worth by returning Juventus to the top of Serie A last season
After last seasons horror show with fallouts and a wafer thin squad he made 3 potentially great signings in the transfer window by adding Nicolas Gaitan, Marek Hamsik and Chris Samba and adding depth to the squad. while clearing a lot of deadwood from the massive reserve squad.

Prediction - 3rd
Again we believe Juventus will struggle to overcome the two Milan giants in the battle to win Serie A despite being reigning champions and spending over £60m on new players will not be enough to regain the title this season

Prediction based on squad information page

September

Month Review
Won every game, Roma was our worst performance and that had a brilliant comeback display from the lads and a real street fight against Milan but again showed true champions form to win both games. Man Utd up next!
View attachment 223380

Player of the month
Vucinic Scored in Every league game including the one man show against Ac Milan picking up exactly where he left of last season.

Juventus 3-1 Napoli
Gaitan, Quagiarella, Vucinic
A good start of the season we dominated the game and even though it came down to a late goal to secure the win

Juventus 3-0 Dinamo
Hamsik, Krasic, Chellini
A nice way to break into European football with our easiest game and a easy win

Nocerina 1-5 Juventus
Vidal, Gaitan, Vucinic, Elia. Neves
A Walkover against a team going straight back down

Juventus 2-1 Roma
Vucinic, Quagliarella
Looked very much like we were heading towards a bad defeat despite being in control but a late charge saw us score 2 goals in the last 15 minutes to turn the game around and get the 3 points

Ac Milan 3-5 Juventus
Vucinic 4, Vidal PEN
THe league champions played the favorites and the favorites were beaten 5-3 at home. Most of the thanks clearly has to go to our player of the month again Vucinic the 4 goal hero while getting our 12th win in a row

October

Month Review
Another brilliant month aside from the Man Utd game where I was hoping we would sneak a draw but were totally outmusceled. Two brilliant home results in the league and beating Sevilla puts us in pole position to get through the group but will need a good result in the away game at the start of next month.
View attachment 224017

Player of the month - Nicolas Gaitan
With Vucinic getting injured this gave the other players a chance to win this accolade and averaging and assist a game and chipping in a few goals Gaitan has made a positive start to his Juventus career.

Man Utd 2-0 Juventus - Champions league match day 2
Didn't get a result here not very surprised a draw was the target but we fought them hard just not strong enough to get a result

Juventus 7-0 Brescia
Hamsik, Vucinic 2, Krasic 3, Gaitan
Raced into a 5 goal lead at half time then added a couple of token goal to show our comebackability after loosing to Man Utd

Sampdoria 0-3 Juventus
Vucinic, Quagliarella, Chiellini
This was no as easy as it looked. Game was goalless up till the 82nd minute then after we took the lead Sampdoria went all out for goal and we went up the park and scored another two

Juventus 1-0 Seville - Champions league match day 3
Marchisio
A very tight affair until we scored the opening goal then we took control just couldn't find the second to put the game beyond

Atlanta 1-3 Juventus
Quaglarella, Chiellini, Neves
Tricky tie. Atalatna came back into it from 2-0 down but we caught them on the counter to put the game out of reach

Juventus 6-1 Cagliari
Quaglarella 2, o'g, Krasic, Gaitan, Chiellini
An emphatic win similar to the Brescia match where we raced into a 5-1 lead at half time. This result put a end to the career of Sinisa Mihajlovic at cagliari who was sacked after this game, Put a dent in our title hopes will you.

November

Month Review
We had a international break after the fiorentina game and since then our form has took a major nose dive, Not what we want with 3 tricky fixtures to start the month.

Player of the month - Nicolas Gaitan
Nicolas Gaitan ran the show against Sevilla in what I felt was our best performance since I took over as manager

Fixtures

Parma 0-3 Juventus
o'g, Chiellini, Neves
No problems getting the 9th win in a row and a nice warm up for the champions league

Sevilla 0-3 Juventus - Champions league match day 4
Vidal Pen, Gaitan, Hamsik
Im amazed with his result and performance. Totally bossed the game, Sevilla didn't even get a shot on target

Juventus 4-1 Novara
Quagliarella 3, Vidal
Got a wake up call after the high of beating Sevilla when Novara took the lead but as now seems to be standard we found another gear and got another easy win

Fiorentina 0-1 Juventus
Quagliarella
Phew!!! Another tight away game against one of our biggest rivals and it took a 85th minute winner from Quagliarella to keep our winning run going. And for the second time this season I put a man out of a job. This time Roberto Donadoni

Juventus 1-1 Bolognia
Quagliarella
Our worst performance of the season. Were outplayed for large parts of the match by Bolognia, I mean come on Bolognia. Team got a dressing down for this not what we need with vital champions league ties coming up.

Dinamo 1-3 Juventus - Champions league match day 5
Elia 3
Following a early injury to Quagliarella I had to throw Elia up front as the best striker I had available and it would appear one of the best. Also on the plus side Man Utd beat Sevilla so we are guaranteed qualification. Now we have a home tie against Man Utd to fight for top spot. Hopefully our form will pick up from the last two matches for that tie.

Last edited:
December

Month Review
A very disappointing month overall loosing our two must win games against Inter and Man Utd as well as a poor defeat to Lazio. Recovered well to stumble over the line top of the table for Christmas

View attachment 225437

Player of the month - Krasic
Krasic took the fight to Man Utd in a match we came up just short as well as a man of the match against Palermo secure the award this month.

Lazio 1-0 Juventus
First defeat in 19 games was not through lack of effort. Dominated the possession but just couldn't score. Hopefully Vucinic's return from injury will get us through a clash with Inter and the Man Utd game

Juventus 0-1 Inter
Rubbish two performances without a goal, Drastic improvement needed for the big game up next.

Juventus 2-3 Man Utd Champions league match day 6
Vidal, Gaitan
Lead the game twice and just edged possession and shots on goal so it was quite disappointing to loose out here and finish second leaving us with a tricky last 16 tie.

Catania 1-4 Juventus
Vucinic, Gaitan 2, Neves
A more standard Juventus display after a month of poor performances

Juventus 2-0 Palermo
Vucinic, Hamsik
Vucinic is back to full fitness as his two goals in two games shows but Krasic was the star player today

January

Month Review
Perfect month in the league topped off with a brilliant win at Napoli. Cup was a bit of a let down but was playing back up players as I was to worried about success in the cup this year.

View attachment 225476

Transfers
Was not as busy as I'd hoped to be in the transfer window. Sold Elia after getting a £12m offer from PSG and loaned out Melo and Giacherini with a view to sell, finally managed to release Iaquinta and picked up Jermaine Jenas on a free to be back up​
View attachment 225477

Player of the month - Nicholas Gaitan
He spent the month making a ridiculous amount of goals this month after a short time out injured

Lecce 0-2 Juventus
Vucinic, Chiellini
Not a comfortable win but still a win after we struggled to get the opening goal we had no problems holding on and sneaking another goal

Juventus 3-0 Cesena
O'G, Lichtsteiner, Krasic
Near total domination and a easy win

Juventus 1-0 Sampdoria - Italian cup 1st round
Quagliarella
Played mostly back up players and they had no problem progressing to the next round

Udinese 1-4 Juventus
Gaitan, Chiellini, Jenas, Krasic
Made a very slow start at Udinese who took a early lead but we came on stronger and stronger as the game went home

Napoli 0-5 Juventus
Vucinic, Krasic 2, Quagliarella, Marchiso
Much better result than the tight game I expected against a decent Napoli team

Juventus 2-2 Fiorentina AET - Italian cup Quarter final
Quagliarella, Vucinic
pens 3-5
Knocked out after a thrilling game which we spent most of chasing but that's 1 less contest to worry about

February

Month Review
Another very good month. Won all our league games again was so close to beating Bayern Munich seems that we just don't seem to have it in Europe.
View attachment 225514

Player of the month

For his form against league teams im giving it to Vucinic

Juventus 2-0 Nocerina
Vucinic, Krasic
Played a lot of back up players but would have still expected a bigger margin of victory than this

Roma 0-4 Juventus
Chiellini, Vucinic 2, Krasic
Again the full strength team came out and rolled over a team that could launch a challenge

Juventus 2-0 AC Milan
Hamsik, Quagliarella
Brilliant result to get us prepared for Bayern Munich up next.

Juventus 2-2 Bayern Munich - Champions league last 16 1st leg
Gaitan, Quagliarella
Came from behind to lead 2-1 when we gave away a penalty so we'll have to go to Germany and win. Uhh oh

Brescia 0-2 Juventus
Vucinic, Hamsik
A typical easy league game. Struggling to be creative when the results are all similar.

Juventus 7-0 Sampdoria
Vucinic 2, O'G 2, Chiellini, Quagliarella, Marchisio
Went all guns blazing to put on a good display for the fans day that was organized and its fair to say they got there moneys worth.

March

Month Review
After a very worrying start we turned full circle to consolidate our position in the league. In Europe i shocked myself by getting past Bayern Munich with a win in there back yard.

View attachment 226067

Player of the month - Fabio Quagliarella
Held the fort while Vucinic was out injured again and got the most important goal of my reign to beat BayernView attachment 226065

Champions League draw - Quarter and Semi finals
Very favorable draw against AC Milan for the quarter finals. History shows this could go either way but confident of my chances. Semi final draws us against Barcelona or Chelsea but not looking past the quarter finals
View attachment 226066

Fixtures
Juventus 1-2 Atlanta
Vucinic
What a switch from our last game. Only had 1 shot on goal and 40% possession. Very poor!

Cagliari 0-2 Juventus
Vucinic 2
Much better with two early goals from Vucinic but a horrific time for him to get injured and is out for 2 weeks missing the 2nd leg against Bayern

Bayern Munich 0-1 Juventus - Champions league last 16 2nd leg
Quagliarella
Brilliant result. Played a counter attacking game to try take down the stronger team on the break and we did it with a late second half goal and an inspired performance by our defense and midfield.

Juventus 3-0 Parma
Lichtersteiner, Quagliarella, Jenas
Typical Juventus performance. Looks like were starting to hit form at the right time

Novara 0-2 Juventus
Krasic, Gaitan
Novara put up a good fight and they showed they are worth keeping there place in Serie A next season

April

Month Review
The month where we were hitting our top form to walk over Ac Milan in the champions league but a few injury's and two dodgy performances later and we go into the Barca semi final needing to up our game drastically

View attachment 227209

Player of the month
Quagliarella was the game changer in the 1st leg in Milan and won the Catania game single handedly. I pray his form continues into next month.

View attachment 227208

Fixtures

Juventus 2-0 Fiorentina
Chiellini, Quagliarella
A totally dominating win against a poor Fiorentina team. Another key attacker injured going into a big European game this time Krasic who's out for a month

AC Milan 1-1 Juventus - Champions league quarter finals 1st leg
Quagliarella
Far from our best performance, weren't too impressive at all but grabbed a late equalizer to be in a great position to go through. Will need a great defensive performance in the 2nd leg with 3 of my four defenders out suspended

Bolognia 0-2 Juventus
Vucinic, Quagliarella
Despite there resiliants we finally got the best of Bolognia before suffering the usual fate of injury. Gaitan this time.

Juventus 3-0 AC Milan - Champions league quarter finals 2nd leg
O'G, Vucinic, Quagliarella
Comfortable victory to coast into the semi finals where the impossible task of Barcelona awaits

Juventus 2-1 Lazio
Vucinic, Quagliarella
A sixth win in a row with goals in the last 10 minutes from both our strikers

Inter 3-1 Juventus
Samba
Took the lead early on and then fell apart never looking like we were going to get back into it. Gap down to 5 points

Juventus 2-0 Catania
Quagliarella 2
Again we were a bit week in the middle of the park which is worrying with Barca up next. Inters defeat means we are 2 points away from the title

May

Month Review
Despite a dramatic league win and overachieving to get to within 1 goal of a champions league final defeat to Barca deflated our achievements and final performances.

View attachment 227239

Player of the month
Gaitan came back from injury for the final push to the title and in our fight with Barcelona.

Barcelona 3-1 Juventus - Champions league semi finals 1st leg
Quagliarella
Playing the best team in the world and we were in with a shout for almost

Palermo 2-3 Juventus
Quagliarella 2, Jenas
Our back up team got the 3 points that won us the league thanks to a 90th minute winner from Jenas. Hopefully this can give us the momentum to get past Barca

Juventus 2-1 Barcelona - Champions league semi finals 2nd leg
Hamsik, Gaitan
Very unlucky in the end to go out. Put out a spirited performance even after going down to 10 men we still came very close to pulling off a major shock. Oh well much better than i expected us to do

Juventus 1-0 Lecce
Vucinic
Team were obviously still disheartened by the barca game but still picked up the 3 points today

Cesena 1-0 Juventus
With the league safe we gave some of the youngsters a run out and they failed to really get into the game which means we can't get to the magic 100 point mark

Juventus 4-0 Udinese
O'G, Gaitan, Krasic, Vidal
Complete domination to round out our season they way we spent most of it.

Season 2 2012/13 season Review
View attachment 227247

Serie A
Season 2 went even better than season 1. 32 wins and 97 points. Again we went well above our target of 3rd. Looked better against the Milan teams. Away to Inter we werent to great but htats pretty much the only down side.
View attachment 227249

Italian cup
Played our back up team and were only knocked out in the quarter finals. Might have a better go next season if i can get a big enough squad
Champions League
Went so far beyond expectations. Hoped to just get out the group which we almost won. A close tie with Bayern was decided when we beat them away from home then we overcame Milan with a 3-0 win at home. Barca proved just to have too much but we put up a good fight and gave me a bit of optimism that we can beat them with a few additions in the summer.
View attachment 227241

Player of the season
1 Mirko VucinicAlmost an identical stats to last season. Less reliant on Vucinic to do it all by himself which helped when he was out injured so much.2 Nicolas GaitanOur new attacking midfielder was an amazing addition. 33 assists 31 in the leauge made him the sigining of the season. Hope he can keep it up next season.3 M KrasicThe final key in our three forwards. wasnt as effective as the other two but definantly worht a mention.
View attachment 227244

Main summer signings reviewed
M Hamsik - For £31m he had quite a disapointing season. Failing to get over a 7.00 raiting was a real surprise. Will let him off this season but must do better next term.C Samba - Not a total success but he did help tighten our defense. 7.16 is certainly up to standard for his debut season.Hounerable mention for Thiago Neves who was also a machine with his assists although was more oftain a sub than starter.

Gazzetta Season overview
Major success in the leauge and Europe managed to cover up for our bad cup run. The leauge was dominant up till the end of march where a bad result to Inter and a few dodgy performances had the gap down to 3 points till Inter themselfs fell apart loosing most of there last 6 games. Champions leauge was a rousing success. Hoped to qualify from the group which we did then beat off Bayern and AC Milan only just falling to Barcelona in the semi finals so were not to far away from the champions leauge.

Game over im afraid

File accidently saved over. Gutted. Sorry everyone

Yeah mega mega annoyed. might start this up again but With a different league and team

Back