Welcome to FM Base
Want access to our Standard Logo Megapack and P20 kit packs? You know what to do!
Register

Can only offer players the role as key player

Hvelplund

Jul 6, 2010
I moved my local team Dover Athletic from Vanarama National League to the Premier League in the editor, and now I can only offer new players the role as key player.

Both when I'm offering a contract to a new player and also in the status of the player.

I'm wondering if it has something to do with the fact, that it is a team I moved from a lower league and there's some sort of setting I haven't ticked off or something. I don't know.

Thanks in advance.

coolguyrko

Oct 27, 2009
I imagine this is because you havent fixed their reputation. Teams in the vanarama leagues generally have reputations of about 1000-2000 while teams in the premier league have reputations of 6000+ The higher your rep the more likely a player will sign a lower level contract. So say Zivkovic signed for Middlesbrough with me as a key player but would sign for someone like United as a hot prospect

Hvelplund

Jul 6, 2010
That's not the case unfortunately. I've set reputation as 7000 to be able to attract Premier League-like players. The problem is, that I have no option to put them as anything other than key player or hot prospect. First team, rotation etc. is not an option for me.

When I sign a new young player he's either a hot prospect or key player and with a bit older players the only option is key player.

It's really strange.