It depends on how major the patch is. Usually a save game will work after a patch, but it is probably safest just to start a new game.

And if so how does it happen?
it wont update the database you started the save game on but it will update the match engine in your save

it wont update the database you started the save game on but it will update the match engine in your save

And will update bugs outside the ME, like the terminator faced regens on FM 2010?

Fair enough, just saying, I got silver faced regens when playing the game unpatched. Quite scary, actually.
maybe a problem with graphics card then?
what patch you got?

the new game is out 48 hours and 30 mins

Fair enough, just saying, I got silver faced regens when playing the game unpatched. Quite scary, actually.

Made me lol.

Remember this though, I had a German regen who had half a face...

Anyhoo - Didn't realise patches updated anything in save-games, so that's useful.

Made me lol.

Anyhoo - Didn't realise patches updated anything in save-games, so that's useful.

yeah it will update anything that doesn't affect the database being used in your save game.

i noticed when i got 10.3 (i went from original game to 10.3 missing out other patches) that on the tactics screen where it shows your formation, the little coloured shapes on the players with A,D or S on them had appeared and i'm pretty sure they weren't originally there when FM10 came out

Made me lol.

Exactly! I was playing in the Bundesliga. I just bought this computer so it better works.