donkarlito

Reaction score
Im just trying to tweak my formation to make it more attacking at the moment Im using a fluid philisophy.
"In the fluid philosophy, the team roughly breaks itself down into two groups of five. The defensive players are told to hang further back while the attacking players are told to push forward. This varies slightly based on the formation and the roles chosen, but effectively it gives licence for the forward players to attack the opposition whilst providing enough cover from the defensive players to mop up any counter attacks."

My understand is that 5 players ( defenders & DMC) should be on low a mentality and the rest of time should be on a high mentality right ?
With my formation the defenders and DMC is right which I think is the reason for my solid defence only conceded 1, However my Att unit as I call it only 3 players are a high mentality which why I believe is the reason why I have only scored 10 goals my amc is slightly lower and here is the strange thing is I use a deeplying playmaker (MC) he becomes the most the defensive on my team even more then the anchor man.

Try using an advanced playmaker instead, a deep lying playmaker is someone who sits in front of the back four and dictates play like xabi alonso

Too answer your thread title: No they shouldn't. They should actually enhance what you are trying to achieve with your formation.

Yes it does, in a sense where if too much fluidity/freedom is given, your tactic's shape will be heavily disrupted. not good for certain tactics like 442, but great for versatile tactics like 433/4231.

At the moment im using very fluid and im staring alot more attacking flair and still a good solid defence, but when I played fluid I though my team would spilt into two groups of 5, but it was more of a 6,2,3 spilt with my B2B and my advance playmaker both balanced mentality ( I understand the B2B but not the advance playmaker).