Can regens ever become as good as the likes of Messi & Cristiano Ronaldo?

Reaction score
So basically I got this regen that had the same PA as CR7 and thought he would be as good as him.
He now have reached his PA - not to say I am dissappointed, because he's obviously a world class player, but I would have thought that he would have become even better. So this led me to think:

Can regens ever become as good as the likes of Messi & Cristiano Ronaldo?

View attachment 469620

Oh yeah, sure they can. Scout around the worlds biggest players in your save, and I'm sure there will be a couple of absolute unreal beasts. I had a bunch of ridiculously amazing players appear in my current save (2052), I mean like 20 in every important skill for their player type, and such. So yes, absolutely possible.

Yes they can. Looking at your player, he has just above average stats for a top player in Creativity ( the options he comes up with) an Decison so he won't be able to perform the same way. He could also have lowish stats in Consistency and pressure.

He is very consistent and performs per usual only better in big games. I agree that his metal stats are his setback, especially the ones you mentioned which I in fact tried to raise. Could I possibly mould these stats now, considered that he already reached his potential?

Anyways thanks for answering my first question :)!

The reason he's probably not become as you'd imagined is because he's still playing in the SPL.... just saying.

How would that affect his development? Not being rude, I'm genuinely curious. The facilities are top class, so if there is other factors playing a role, do tell me!

He is very consistent and performs per usual only better in big games. I agree that his metal stats are his setback, especially the ones you mentioned which I in fact tried to raise. Could I possibly mould these stats now, considered that he already reached his potential?

Anyways thanks for answering my first question :)!

I would probably let him focus on training the Trequartista role for 2-3 years. This way, the stats I mentioned will have a good chance going up on the cost of some " defensive " stats.

and no, playing in SPL won't have a negative effect in FM, only in real life.

Okay, thanks a lot for your help! It's my first time wanting to do a long-term save and my goal of making SPL a top-3 league is distant, but I'm loving it so far!