Can someone help me create a decent diamond?

xaviesta

Reaction score
Not the best at creating tactics, & i've tried for a number of years to create a classic diamond but not a whole lot of success. Sort of similar to AC Milan 03-07 although they alternated between that & Xmas tree.

I really want to get it right this year. I want a solid defense first & foremost, good control of possesion & being able to create a good amount of chances.

This is what i've come up with so far, any suggestions on making it better/more solid would be a great help.

AC_Milan_screen.png

AC_Milan_screen2.png

Player instructions are as follows:

Diego Lopez - Pass it shorter/Distribute to Centre Backs
Back four - No Instructions
Nigel De Jong - Pass it Shorter
Van Ginkel - Pass it Shorter
Adel Taarabt - Roam from position/Move into Channels
M'baye Niang - Move into Channels

I think i should really be making the top three spots for Champions league, team is good enough to w/ good depth aswell.

Last edited:
I may not be a pro and my notes might actually be incorrect but a couple things in the screenshots caught my eye.

First of all I'm not quite sure if playing Control with a structured shape is ideal. Controlling the posession in my opinion needs input from defensive players and a structured shape does not give enought of that.

The other note is dropping deeper but also preventing the opposition goalie from distributing short. I would imagine that this would create a hole between your attackers and midfield for the opposition to exploit.

These are my comments. Please do tell if your tactic works or how you further tweak it so that people will come with more ideas or praise for your supernatural managerial abilities ^-^

i would Switch the AP(a) for an AM(a), it's so OP for me for some reason.. i won the title in the first season with Liverpool with

GK(d)
CWB(a) CB(d) CB(d) CWB(a)
HB(d)
BBM(s) DLP(s)
AM(a)
DLF(s) AF(a)

not only did i win but some goals were fantastic, i would concede a bit too much for my liking but it was still fun and effective

TI
More direct passing
Play out of defense
work ball into box
run at defence
exploit the middle
push higher up
roam from positions
close down more
Higher tempo

what was the team mentality and shape ie fluid, structured,rigid, attacking, control, counter