Can Someone Help With my Tactic?

Reaction score
Been having a wee bit of a problem with the tactic (below), I don't think it's too far from doing well but there are inexplicable, mind bendingly frustrating matches where teams will dominate me for absolutely no reason.. where against the likes of Liverpool I will batter them for 90 minutes straight but yet against Valencia, Schalke and Ajax (all teams that should take a spanking from me) dominate and make easy work of me?

1440027228e180133b0ab6554d7f9f17.png

The only PI I have is to tell the BBM to shoot less often and for the BPD's to sit wider when we have possession.

I understand sometimes the game won't go your way and you will lose, but I do find it hard to believe when all my players are rated 4* and above that I should be getting absolutely bodied by teams nowhere near my level? If someone could help me understand what I'm doing wrong
i would really appreciate it :)

I appreciate that I may come across a bit stupid but this is my first FM where I haven't stumbled into a tactic and stuck to it all year so I'm personally finding it a bit difficult.

Not sure if it would help, you will have to see by watching the games but:
- your right side is very attacking, perhaps switch the CMs over?
- LB looks like it will occupy same space as winger
- Underlap left and right, who is doing the underlapping
- Narrow and playing through middle, smaller teams will compact the space and leave you with not a lot to operate in, then your high tempo will likely leave you losing the balk

Not sure if it would help, you will have to see by watching the games but:
- your right side is very attacking, perhaps switch the CMs over?
- LB looks like it will occupy same space as winger
- Underlap left and right, who is doing the underlapping
- Narrow and playing through middle, smaller teams will compact the space and leave you with not a lot to operate in, then your high tempo will likely leave you losing the balk

Agree with all of this, especially when looking at your width and use of the underlap. I imagine vertical tiki-taka as a 4-3-3 with the two advanced central midfielders underlapping your inside forwards and having quick interchanges with the striker dropping deep. This likely works against the larger teams (like Liverpool) who are trying to play expansive soccer - you can beat them by packing the middle and attacking at pace.

With smaller teams, I'd try playing wider, not focusing play down the middle, and having your wingbacks overlap the inside forwards on both sides. Even slowing the pace down can ensure that you dominate possession and make your chances count.

I dont like using BPD i find they spray balls to the forwards and dont link play through the midfield. Just something to keep an eye on.

I dont like using BPD i find they spray balls to the forwards and dont link play through the midfield. Just something to keep an eye on.

Yeah, they will often try to bypass the midfield with those passes. Long, scything passes up the middle. Not short touches to the DM. That's more the Team Instruction of Play out of Defense.