Can someone please help me with my Tactics.

timlfc7987g

Reaction score
Hello everyone as you can see i am really struggling with this Year's Football Manager 2014 Tactics.
I don't look to download them as i love making them my self, and also playing my own style of play.
But saying that I really need some help, and some tips on how to start winning Matches.

My Save Arsenal. Tactics/ Formation. I usually go with 4-3-2-1 Formation.
I signed Papadoupolous (CD) and Bender (BWM)

Here is my normal Starting 11 Team:
Fabianski
(RB)Sagna
(CD) Vermaelen
(CD) Koscienly
(LB) Gibbs/Monreal
(DLP) Wilshere/Ramsey
(BWM) Bender/ Flamini
(AP) Ozil
(IF) Poldoski
(W) Walcott/ Cazola
(P) Giroud

Team instructions: Mentality Standard/ some time Attacking.
Balanced/ Very Fluid. that is all.

Thank you for you support.

Last edited:
You are managing Arsenal, start using a control (more possession) or attacking mentality (faster transitions) and a more balanced philosophy. Change your AP to a trequartista you need this one to come deeper, use wingers and not the IF and a striker not a poacher.

Are you not using any team/player instructions? With the exclusion sliders these instruction are pretty essential in making a great tactic. What type of football would you like to play?

Cheers Robbie for replying mate, and i would love to play Possession tiki taka football.
and with my Teams Instructions: Defensive Line Higher up
Run at Defense
Exploit the Flanks.
Higher Tempo
Get stuck in/ Retain Possession.

Cheers Robbie for replying mate, and i would love to play Possession tiki taka football.
and with my Teams Instructions: Defensive Line Higher up
Run at Defense
Exploit the Flanks.
Higher Tempo
Get stuck in/ Retain Possession.

Why do instruct them to retain possession and at the same time to run at the defence ???? No logic in that, mate!

If you want to play tiki-taka, then playing a high tempo with players making runs WITH the ball more often will have opposite effect. Try " retain possession and play through defence " instead.

For possession football you should play lower tempo, High line and narrow formation. Don't use exploit flanks or run at defence. If you type in possession football on google you will find a ton of class articles that talk about the best ways to play it. That always helps me get inspired to try a tiki taka type formation out at least once every year.

For possession football you should play lower tempo, High line and narrow formation. Don't use exploit flanks or run at defence. If you type in possession football on google you will find a ton of class articles that talk about the best ways to play it. That always helps me get inspired to try a tiki taka type formation out at least once every year.

It's that bad i can't even beat Real Socidad away. they win 3-4 nil every time.

It's that bad i can't even beat Real Socidad away. they win 3-4 nil every time.

Instead if just quoting the posts with results, perhaps take the to read the advice and respond with answer to the actual content of these posts.

Instead if just quoting the posts with results, perhaps take the to read the advice and respond with answer to the actual content of these posts.

I have applied the advice i had been received mate. but obviously I know how long it will take for my Team to gel..

i will apply the advice, Ive been told, but it will take time. so I'll get back to you's.