RyanRealNice

Reaction score
Hey guys, i need some help, im so stuck and close to giving up with FM16, no matter what i do i get beat, ive been playing FM since 2013 and havent done to badly, but now with this game im stuffed, ive never quite got the whole staff and responsibilities so i have them set so my assistant manager does all my training, im looking at the tactics people are posting on this and i see all this download business which i dont have the first clue about. Please can someone give me some advice, even with a team ive created im getting beat by much worse teams. Im at my witts end now

I'm not sure what you need help with? If you want to download a tactic, download it. You can get a lot of satisfaction out of creating your own though, so if you're going down that route, it's worth reading this for a start: http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/foot...tics/350220-looking-tactical-help-advice.html

Another word of advice: Keep things simple at first. Piling 11 Team Instructions onto a tactic you've never seen in action is almost surely going to make it worse.

What team are you playing as?

I would advise to never download a tactic, you need to always make a custom tactic.

Think about it in real life, would Everton use Lukaku for his height and strength or his pace?

And then ask the same question of Leicester with Vardy?

Different players you use in different ways, so you need to make a tactic for the players you have in your team.

I am guilty of complaining on this forum about the new system and how much more difficult it is to master and get the hang of. I suggest you hang in there, keep messing with tactics until you eventually find one that works.

Yeah like these guys said, I'd recommend making your own - just keep tweaking until you get it right but also give the players a chance to get used to the formation!

And definitely tailor it to your teams strength - for example; if you have some fast wingers with high crossing and a tall striker with good heading, it may be worth playing wide. If you have a bunch of players with good passing attributes then play more of a passing game, etc!

Also to keep in mind - In general I usually have two tactics : one more attacking tactic for the home games and easy away days, and a more reserved counter-attacking tactic for harder away games. You do need to keep your opponent in mind and not just ignore that pre-match scouting report :p