Can someone tell me what is going on with the genie Scout?

Dimevodno

Reaction score
Hi guys,
Is there anyone who can help me with the scout??? For the past few days he's given me wrong informations. Example: Joao Moutihno is valued 3,4M and the scout is saying that I should be able to buy him for 12,5M. I offered 15M to Sporting for the guy and they have negotiated the offer. They were asking for 27,5M plus Fernandihno who is one of my best players. So, why did the scout told me that his sale value was 12,5M when I couldnt bought him for that prise? Thanks for the answers.

Maybe your scout doesn't have a very good knowlege of portugal

It is not only for Moutihno. It was only an example. For Luis Silva also, for Nuri.... loads more. It gives me wrong numbers:S

You misunderstood me:D It is not about the scouts in the game. It is about the genie scout. It is a file which you can download from this site. It is a great thing cozz it shows how many skills the player can have, how many skills he can upgrade, and loads of other things. One of this other things, is the sale price of a player. Moutihno value was 3,4M and the genie scout was saying that the player can be purchased for 12,5M. But I couldnt buy him for that price. So I am asking why is this happening.

Ahhh right my mistake sorry dude, i dont use the genie scout myself so i really dont know sorry.

are you sure your save is up to date. for example if you saved the game 2 months ago his value to the team may have risen so therefore the club may not want to sell him. To get a true account use an updated save when scouting, no more then a week behind your current game

maybe your using an old save on it?!

I dont know much about it because I dont use it, i guess you have to load the game your playing into it, and I am guessing its not Realtime like that editor thing, so you have to load a save, so make sure its a recent save?

Sorry if its not all that helpful, I dont know much on the subject!

No guys, everything is okay, because when I start FM, I start the genie scout with the same save. The example i told you with Moutihno, I made an offer just when I started the game.

even normal scouts will give you values like that for some players. no matter what the current value of a player, if he is very famous or in very good form or is a great future prospect then teams will only sell him for more than their current worth. in case of moatinho he has a bright future ahead of him and becomes a really good player, so even though at his current skill level he is only worth 5m the team will ask for 13m because he can become skilled enough to be worth more than that and they are letting go of a good player for the future and want to be compensated for that.

i suppose its better than over-doing it, e.g, you should be able to get him for £40 mill when in fact you can get him for £20mill

in game scouts and genie scouts are never able to give you a exact report for example his value and plus his attributes depends on the training he get given.

i dont think you can really moan at a free product, that takes a lot of time to develop

No I wasnt moaning, I was just asking if it was ok for the scout to react in this way. That is all:D btw thanks to all for at least discussing this matter with me:D

Hi guys,
Is there anyone who can help me with the scout??? For the past few days he's given me wrong informations. Example: Joao Moutihno is valued 3,4M and the scout is saying that I should be able to buy him for 12,5M. I offered 15M to Sporting for the guy and they have negotiated the offer. They were asking for 27,5M plus Fernandihno who is one of my best players. So, why did the scout told me that his sale value was 12,5M when I couldnt bought him for that prise? Thanks for the answers.

Have you tried checking the currency of the scout :)
Had the problem a few days ago, but not anymore :D