Can The canaries fly?

Kris

Reaction score
Well i have been wanting to start my own story for sometime now and here it is.
I'm not going to make it seem real and cool like Gav,Sean and James as im no good at english or grammer so i will just do this in the best way i can :).

Started the game loading Italy,Spain,Scotland France and England.

I wanted a challenge but at a decent level so i decided on the championship.

I looked about and narrowed my choices to three

QPR
Norwich
Hull

After looking at all three sides i decided that Norwich would be good enough and away i was.

Delia gave me 2m to spend on transfers and looking at the squad i would definetly need it.

However Norwich had some decent players in there squad which i would like to work with

David Marshall GK- former Celtic youngster signed in the summer

Gary Docharty DC/FC - premiership experience will prove to be a useful player

Julian Brellier DMC- 'The Judge' signed on a bosman free from Hearts and knowing how good he is first hand he will be a first choice for me week in week out.

Darren Huckerby-I have always been a fan of darren ever since his Newcastle days in the early 90's and im sure he will be a key player for me.

Jamie Cureton- signed from Colchester on a free the striker is one of the best in the championship and i will be looking at him to score some goals

Clearly though if my squad was better i would be talking about a few more names. I need to spend my 2m wisely

It is now the 26th of july and i have signed a few players to help me this season

Kenny Cunningham DC Free- Experienced irish defender will partner Gary Docharty. I am hoping the Irish pair will link up well in the heart of defence

Jon Anders Riise DL/ML 50k- 18 year old Norweigan defender can play in a variety of positions and looks promising.

Danny Szetela DMC 140k- 19 year old american has a lot of potential and like Riise can play in many positions which will come in handly when you play 46 league games then cup games.

John Patricio Cague DC 22k- 26 year old Equador international has been signed as a back up but he may feature more since Cunningham isnt getting any younger and wont play 40+ games.

Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink FC Free-Bosman transfter from Charlton this has been my best signing so far. Jimmy has a wealth of experience in the premier league and i am hoping will forge a good partnership with Cureton.

Nourredine Naybet
DC Free- Moroccan internationall defender is now 36 and has been signed as a back up to cover any injuries that may occur.However his experience will provide to be useful for any young defenders looking to break into the squad.

As of yet no players have left the club and i still have 1.9m left to spend but i wont blow any of it.

Pre Season:

Pre season has not went well so far but im not too worried so far i have had

0-0 Oldham A
1-2 Swindon A
0-3 Wycombe A
3-0 Bishop's Stortford A

Still to play Derry A and U.C.D A

I'm looking to bring in a few more players before the start of the season and a few wins would be nice leading up to the start of the season against QPR at home.

More to come later hope this different style of story has been good to read :)

Yis Doctor! Keep it up mate, loving these stories. That John Anders Riise is quality in the Championship and his stats do get quite a bit better.

Did the graphics pack work OK?

Yea graphics are great many thanks. Free health care for you. Almost finish August so summary coming soon

Well i won both my remaining pre season games

4-0 Derry A
2-1 UCD A

Nice way to end pre season but it's been a bit frustrating first month at the club.

i have so far signed a few more players leading up to the end of the window.

Stuart Duff AMC 130k- 24 year old Scot signed from Dundee Utd to add a bit of depth in the midfiled area.

James Fowler DR 80k- The 25 year old Scot was also linked with Cardiff and Leeds but signed for me and will prob be a regular start

Garry Kenneth
DC 210k-Signed from Dundee Utd Gary is a real prospect and is my most expencive signing so far. he had a great August and got young player of the month.

Malcolm Christie FC Free-decided i needed a decent striker after Cureton started slow and Jimmy Floyd doesnt really contribute much apart from his good finishing

Been an average start really, im a bit frustrated at the way i have been playing when in a comfortable position but im doing ok i guess.

QPR H 1-1-Hasselbaink scores 11 mins into his debut as Norwich start well but a poor second half performance lets Ray Jones pull one back for QPR

Leicester A 2-1- a great first half and another goal from Jimmy floyd and one from Lee Croft gave me a 2-0 lead but again the team slipped up towards the end when Hume pulled one back for City.

Blackpool H 2-2- Another great first half as Stuart Duff and Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink give me a 2 goal lead but again we slip up and Andy Morell and Marcus Bean bring Blackpool back into the game.

Charlton A 0-1- The league favourites narrowly win as Jackson loses his first game as Norwich boss. Andy reid's 30 yard free kick in the 80th minute gave Charlton the win.

Rochdale A 0-2- A weakened Norwich side cruised to win in the league cup first round tie. Goals from David Strihavka and Jamie Cureton send Norwich into a second round tie at St James Park vrs Newcastle Utd

Sheff Wed
H 3-0- My first home win as Norwich boss came as we easily hammered Wednesday. Goals from Stuart Duff and two from Jamie Cureton put me in a decent league position at the end of August.

You got a patch or something to have this seasons teams in the right divisions?

Yea it's the latest update on susie.

September was a nightmare. 0 wins 2 draws and 3 defeats left Norwich 20th in the league and me frustrated

Sheff Utd
H 0-0- a tough game against one of the league's big sides. both sides had chances but nobody was able to take them.

Southampton A 1-2- another tough away game against one of the league fav's.Winning one nil with 10 minutes to go after dubutant Malcolm Christie had a fine header it was looking good for Norwich when keeper Davis Marshall misjudged a cross and Kenwyne Jones headed home. Still ****** off from the first goal i should have known David Marshall would spill an easy shot and land it right at BWP.

Hull H 1-2- A disaster of a game. Hull dominated right from the start and if it was not for Windass missing so many chances it could have been alot more. Steven Mcphee opened the scoring before Christie pulled one back. It was short lived when Windass scored from a corner

Newcastle A 0-1- a game i was never really going to win ended in a defeat after Martins scored for the toon army.League Cup dream is over :rolleyes:

Cardiff A 1-2- My missery continued after Trevor Sinclair's volley and a header from Steven Thompson ended this game. I did equalize from Stuart Duff giving me false hope in a game i deserved to lose.

West Brom A 1-1- A change of tactic was needed and seemed to be working well untill Zoltan Gera scored on the 55th minute for WBA.Chris Brown made up in the 82nd to rescue a point.

At this point i was sitting 19th in the league.

October was all about steadying the ship and it was done fairly well after a good month.

Colchester H 1-0- a game with very little to offer was over on the 16th minute when Jimmy Flloyd scored.

Ipswich A 1-3-Tough game against the local rivels ended badly after Jimmy scores again to give me the lead. Ipswich got the home fans behind them to cruise to victory after Gary Naylor Gary Roberts and a stunning free kick from Monica Legwinski.

Coventry H 2-1-Was fairly easy for Norwich after two late first half goals from Hasselbaink settled this game. Fadiga scored late on but it had no impact.

Preston A 2-0-An impressive away win in a game we dominated. Goals from Hasselbaink and Christie.

Crystal Palace H 1-0- a boring game ended in victory after Stuart Duff's header.

Barnsley A 1-2-My impressive month turned sour in Yorkshire after Jimmy's opener i was pegged back from an amazng free kick. check out Miguel Mostto if you get a chance. A nice counter attack set up Brain Howard then that was me :(

So sitting in 15th place just now. New tactics seem to be doing ok so i will see how November goes.

What's with all the story names, doesn't anybody want to play as a team without a ****** bird.

ha ha well i have almost finished the season i managed to capture mido on a free for next season can still make play offs. 1 game left must win

well i just missed out but im starting to feel like i can do something next season.

signing Mido was good and Parnaby from brum for 1.5m. Berger is joining soon and david Marshall left for watford.

hopefully i can sign a few more quality players and challenge next year.

Midos a great signing especially if you're still in the championship, he'll score shitloads.

When you fancy carrying on our game Doctor? Been looking out for you on msn.

asap. i think im free tonight and im free all day sat.

Kris have u gt link 2 update, i cudnt find it.

Good stuff Kris, wish I could be bothered to write the pre-season lark, but anyone knows I can never be arsed with it!! I mean i've gone my home town club Hartlepool Utd and i'm nto doing too bad, 4th in League One after bout 6 games... someone inspire me :p

Still good stuff, spose you doing better with your Man City on our game though :p

Nice one, kris. I'm norwich on net game with const so I'll make a few posts in here and we can see how each other are doing. I'm top after 10 games, but it won't last as I've played most of the poor teams first.

i have yet to start my second season been on a few other games like day of defeat half life 2 (5th time) sad i know and wow also had an urge to go Real Sociedad so im also them. Next time i play it i will post again

Pre-season

Overall, a great pre-season including only 1 loss.

Carlisle A- 2-1 - A great start to the season with a victory against League 1 team carlisle. A slow start meant going 1-0 down in the 48th minute. But, that gave Norwich the kick up the *** they needed and a David Raven og 56' and a Dion Dublin winner in the 85' gave norwich the win.

Port Vale A - 3-0 - Goals from Dion Dublin, Matt Jansen and Jamie Cureton securing victory.

Swindon A- 2-1 - Chris Brown put Norwich ahead on 41', before battling swindon pulled one back through a Adrian Williams penalty on 50' before Simon *** score the winner on the stroke of the final whistle.

Birmingham H- 0-1 - My first loss of the season came against the newly promoted Birmingham city who thoroughly deserved their 1-0 victory from a Garry O' Connor goal.

Chester A- 2-0 - Pre-season was rounded off by a comfortable victory at Chester City. Goals from Simon *** and Darren Huckerby securing a happy ending to pre-season.

The Transfer Window up to July 31st:

As fellow manager Kris pointed out the Norwich squad would need a lot of strengthening, so the £2m transfer budget went down quite well. However, Harrison's opinions differentiated from those of Kris. Harrison thought Cureton wouldn't really be up to the job as a decent marksman. Harrison recognised his best players to be:

David Marshall
Gary Doherty
Julien Brellier
Luke Chadwick
Darren Huckerby
Adam Drury

Every one left out of that list was at risk of losing their place in the team at any point in time

The poor options of poor attackers needed to be addressed.

First, a little more money needed to be raised for the transfer pot.

Players going out were:

Mark Fotheringham - Hearts - 100k
Andrew Cave-Brown - Cardiff - 4k
Youseff Safri - Leicester - 50k (Managed by Const)
Simon Lappin - Man City - 150k
Michael Spillane - Birmingham - 100k

Raised a total of 400k.

Harrison wasn't as busy as expected up to July 31st in the window, bringing in a total of 3 players:

Matt Jansen - Free - Jansen to add to fire power and to bring extra options to the left wing. Might prove to be a great signing, as he improves throughout the season.

Chris Coyne - Luton - 400k - A solid centre back to partner doherty. Harrison doesn't think Shackell is neither ready or upto constant first-team football.

Keith Keane - Luton - 400k - Norwich are severely lacking in back-up for the wing backs so Harrison decides to bring Keane in from Luton.

Simon *** - Reading - Loan - To bring some more competition to the midfield area of the squad.

Further updates to proceed soon.