Can the elephant roar again? - A Coventry City FC Story

elasticspy26

Reaction score
View attachment 295855

CAN THE ELEPHANT ROAR AGAIN?

Coventry City, where do we begin? from the rise in the 60's to the downfall in the 00's, this club has seen it all,
from one of the longest stints in top flight football (34 years), to being in Europe, this club has
been through it all, in the 132 years the club has been knocking around, only one major trophy in the cabinet.
Its time things change

This story sees a young manager looking to rejuvenate his beloved Coventry City and turn them into a feared team throughout Europe.

Intro over, lets start the story...

Pressley leaves Coventry role stating "The owners don't know what they are doing"

View attachment 295854

Coventry City Manager Steven Pressley today launched a scathing attack on his former employers.

The Scot who has been in charge for nearly 18 months today resigned from his position as Coventry City manager stating that the clubs owners had "No clue on how a football club should be ran, never provided any financial backing for my team and let our best players leave, expecting me to still gain promotion to the Championship, the person they find to replace me? Ha, good luck to them"

This move comes as no surprise to Coventry fans, considering that there have been rumors of instability within the board room, internet rumors saying Pressley has "lost the dressing room" and with some questionable tactic decisions over the end of last season, Pressley simply lost the passion for the club he once played for.

View attachment 295853

Tim Fisher, the clubs chairman has declined to comment on the outburst by Pressley and rumors that a sale of the club could be on the horizon.

Coventry city take over?

Many fans will be glad to see the back of owners Sisu, who they claim has "asset stripped the club, plunged us into the lower leagues of english football, made us the laughing stock of the footballing community"

Many protests have been launched, none of which have had any affect on the clubs owners, with the owners towing the party line "The club is not for sale".

View attachment 295852
Fans staging a protest, has become a regular feature in Coventry City fixtures.

Coventry appoint new manager

View attachment 295851

It has been announced today that Coventry City FC have hired Ryan Bayliss as the clubs new manager.

Not much is known about the new manager other than this is his first step in club management.
When asked what the reason behind hiring such an inexperienced manager Tim Fisher stated "He is a young, hungry manager, he is a supporter of the club so will be doing his utmost to ensure club targets are met."

Coventry fans will be puzzled as to why the club has hired such a young manager with some on social networks taking their anger out on sisu, for not hiring a more experienced manager.

"Paulo Di Canio? Tony Mobray? - Who is this kid they have hired?"

"We need an experienced manager, not who appears to be a company yes man!"

"How can the club go from a good manager in Steven Pressley, to an unknown who has no known footballing credentials"

One thing is for sure, the club have taken a huge risk hiring a manager with no experience.

Have they found a diamond in the rough? only time will tell.

Coventry targeted by consortium!

View attachment 295850

Coventry city have become of interest to a consortium fronted by a former footballer, according to reports.

there is no information as to who the footballer is, or the consortium, but it should be a "light at the end of the tunnel" should the rumors be true for Coventry fans.

In other news

Coventry have negotiated new contracts with some of the highest earners at the club, with them all taking a pay cut in order to ease the financial situation the club is in currently.

It is believed that players on £3000 or more have been had to take pay cuts of around £500 - £1000.

Manager Ryan Bayliss has told press "It shows that the players who have taken pay cuts, and also extended their contracts, are willing to fight for the club and not for their bank balance, a rare sight in football these days"

In his first official interview with press, it would appear that the new manager is not afraid to speak his mind.

Coventry City Take Over Update

View attachment 295849

A fans club has now entered the race to take control of the Midlands outfit,
When the Sky Blue Trust was asked if they were behind the rumor, most members said they had "no idea who the new potential owner was"

This is proving to be a turbulent month for Coventry fans, First the manager slams the owners and walks out, then they hire an unknown manager, who it would appear does not fear controversy, with comments about players loyalty.

Coventry sign Conrad Logan

View attachment 295848

Coventry have announced that they have signed 28 year old Goal keeper Conrad Logan from local rivals Leicester on a loan that sees him stay until the end of the season.

Manager Ryan Bayliss said of the signing "We are all delighted to see Conrad sign on the dotted line, signing players from your local rival is a risky business, but I am sure the fans will take to him once he settles into how we play."

When asked if there will be any more transfers for the club, The manager stated "there are a few in the pipeline, i urge fans not to get excited about potential money spending, as they are aware, the club is going through a tough time financially, the only way we are able to move in the market is with the current players accepting their pay cuts for the good of the club, which once again, I applaud them."

One in, one out

View attachment 295847

Today, Coventry have announced that they have brought Lee Lucas, from Swansea City for a fee of £0

The player, who is unknown to most fans, has expressed his desire to get "stuck in, and grind some results for the fans."

One reporter asked Lucas "With the manager talking about player loyalty and taking pay cuts to remain at the club, have you taken a hit financially?"

Lucas looked unsure if he should answer the question, looking at his new manager who gave him the nod "Yes, I took a pay cut, but that is nothing compared to the experience that I will gain whilst here"

Thoughts turned to the manager, "why are you forcing players to take pay cuts?"

Ryan answered with a tired expression on his face "As I have said before, the club is not in the ideal position with finances, to play for this club, and buy into what I am looking to achieve, you have to have some sacrifice, in this case, money. But there is no price on experience as young Lee has realised, which is why he is the sort of character I wish to bring to this club."

View attachment 295846

Another reporter questioned Ryans reason to sell Jordan Willis

Ryans response was simple "The player thought he was worth more than what we were offering, in terms of stature and money, I told him that he would not get the playing time at Crystal Palace, and should ply his trade here for a year or so, he would not budge and I will not be held to ransom by players thinking they are bigger than the club, they came in with an offer that I deemed as a joke, I told them what I wanted and we came to an agreement of £900k, I will not be seeing any of the transfer money, but the hope is that with the new wages we can sign someone who will play for this club without getting too big for his boots".

Coventry Sign Obeng

View attachment 295834

Coventry have today announced the signing of Curtis Obeng, A right back who plays for Swansea who has joined Coventry on a season long loan.

Obeng is said to be "Delighted at the chance to show his game", it again proves that the Coventry manager is working under strict financial restrictions, and looking to gain younger players from Premier League clubs.