Can The Scottish Understand A Bristolian

gthame1992

Reaction score
This is my first story on here since FM 2012 or 2013 not totally sure on which. So here goes.

View attachment 733796

Mass exit from Celtic Park

Reports are that 10 members of staff have left Celtic Park in a huge shake up which started with Ronny Deila leaving the club due to home sickness.

View attachment 733797

Deila waves to the fans on his exit from Celtic Park

View attachment 733799

Other staff exits

Last edited:
Bristol born sunday league manager named as the new Celtic boss.

Rumors have it Grant Thame was managing a local pub team when they hammered their opponents 30-0, the Celtic board was impressed by the style of tactic Thame had used.

The Tactic

Mentality: Control.
Team Shape: Very Fluid.
Team Instructions: Retain Possession, Prevent Short GK Distribution and Higher Tempo.

View attachment 733800

I've picked this style of tactic as I find on a test game it seems to work.​

Squad

I don't see many needs just 1 or 2 for depth maybe even starts.

Mubarak Wakaso and Jo Inge Berget will go back to Rubin and Cardiff to free up some wage space.

View attachment 733805 View attachment 733806

In leaving club, I'm looking to sell Anthony Stokes got too many strikers, so Derk Boerrigter is not needed. Looking to loan Tom Rogic and Filip Twardzik out.

View attachment 733809 View attachment 733810

Saying goodbye to Celtic Park after 4 years Anthony Stokes and 1 Year Derk Boerrigter.

For a minute I thought Ian Holloway had taken a job in Scotland. ;)

Good luck for the season bud, keep up the effort! :)

For a minute I thought Ian Holloway had taken a job in Scotland. ;)

Good luck for the season bud, keep up the effort! :)

Cheers. Ian Holloway too bad just a legend in my books, coming from a Bristol Rovers supporter where Holloway is a club legend.

Haha, I love Holloway! Any transfer targets for Celtic?

Virgil Van Dijk to leave

View attachment 733831

Celtic have accepted a 5.5 million transfer bid from Olympique De Marseille, the center back was in Thame plans but the transfer bid is too good to refuse. He can still stay if he rejects a contract.

-----------------------------

Andy Watson named as Celtic new assistant manager.

View attachment 733834

New Celtic manager decided Andy Watson is the man he need to help make Celtic even better so he been given the assistant manager role.

Van Dijk completes transfer to Marseille for 5.5 million.

View attachment 733838

Grant Thame can confirm the deal is done and nothing can now be done with it, we will be looking for a replacement.

Anthony Stokes leaves Celtic Park for City Ground.

View attachment 733840

Anthony Stokes is the new arrival at Nottingham Forest for 1.6 million, the striker was out of favor at Celtic Park by manager Grant Thame in which he accepted the 1.6 million offer without any thought.

I signed van Dijk for my Newcastle story, he's been amazing! Gonna go in for the wonderkids or try and keep it realistic? (To begin with)

Just see what I can get with the budget, that the reason for Van Dijk and Stokes leaving.

Just see what I can get with the budget, that the reason for Van Dijk and Stokes leaving.

Must have some good talent lying in the youth teams? Any chance of a picture showing the young players?

Findlay looks promising, might be worth giving him some game time against the smaller sides! A few other good talents there, hopefully they develop well.

Celtic completes signing of 16 year old, midfielder Kristoffer Ajer.

Manager Grant Thame been tracking the young center midfielder who can play in defensive midfield as well in a 1.5 million deal with 500k upfront with 1 million over 4 years, he said that Ajer can become the best midfielder at the club in his career, with a contract lasting 2 years Ajer looks like he need to impress the manager to get a longer deal in the future.

View attachment 733844

The 16 year old got a bright future at Celtic Park.

Ronald Juhasz signs for Celtic.

31 year old center back comes into Celtic Park as a player that the manager see can help in the defense, the experience of 77 caps for Hungary and 7 seasons at Anderlecht in Belgium is all Grant Thame needed to see. The 1.4 million deal in which 400k is upfront and 1 million over 4 years from Hungarian team Videoton.

View attachment 733846

77 caps for Hungary, oh and 6 goals for Hungary is now at Celtic Park.

Dele Alli completes Celtic transfers.

Celtic signs MK Dons midfielder Dele Alli for a complete fee of 8 million, some is upfront all the rest is over 4 years, after another player was out of Grant Thame price range, he made the decision of signing Dele Alli.

View attachment 733858

Thame originally wanted side midfielder Hirving Lozano from Mexican side Pachuca but got priced out so Dele Alli will swap MK Dons for Celtic.

As a celtic fan i wish you good luck but im very disappointed as van djik is easily worth 10mil GL though

View attachment 739529
(Celtic fans celebrate a good month for the team)

August Update (And Champions League)

Overall the month was good, took a knock but over then that it's all good, first some transfer news.

On the outside of transfers, Derk Boerrigter leaves the club on a free transfer to Romanian side Pandurii, Nir Biton requested a transfer so Evian TG FC offered 1.3 million for them to take Biton off my hands. While new feeder club Bristol City in the English League 1 have been loaned Midfielder Filip Twardzik, Goalkeeper Colin McCabe and Defender Stuart Findlay all to gain some experience.

Coming into the club, on loan from Wigan James McClean as a backup to my current wingers, and on a 2.5 million deal (Some upfront, rest over 48 months), Center Midfielder Paul Anton from Pandurii.

View attachment 739539 View attachment 739541
Paul Anton & James McClean

Scottish Premier League

View attachment 739545

The knock came at the hands of Inverness CT, the team had no idea of what they where doing on the pitch, good to see McGregor on the score sheet against St. Johnstone.

Setpember Fixtures

View attachment 739548

Only 3 League games in September looks to be a quiet month, got the league cup match against Arbroath, other than that the matches in the league we can really look for at least 6 points any less, it wouldn't be worth the effort I put into the training at the training centre.

Champions League

View attachment 739554

Well qualifying went well, with 9-2 win over Banants, 6-0 over Debrecen and the 4-1 over Maribor, to say the least, hope the group draw would be nice to me.

View attachment 739557

Nice not really, Lille, Schalke and Manchester City, I don't really expect to get to the knockouts, Schalke and Man City will give the huge tests, Lille we may get points from.

League Table

View attachment 739560

Can't go wrong with 10 points in 5 games, even knowing it should have been 15 points in 5 games, but then again all teams need to gel to get the wins.

View attachment 739613

Suprised to see my name as the manager of the month for August, with that defeat to Inverness, I thought it should have gone to Stuart McCall.

Player Of The Month

Kris Commons

View attachment 739633

Was hard to pick for player of the month, it could have gone to striker Stefan Scepovic but all the wins couldn't have happened without Kris Commons.