swaviola

Reaction score
hi all

a bit of a long shot here, but is there any way you can put your created players in a game along with the computer generated fake players? so that your created players aren't playing alongside real names but random players instead.

you could untick the box that says use real players at the start of the game?

yeah but will that not also give your custom made players new names etc as well?

No, when you load the database you will still have to tick the box saying 'load editor data?' and then select which editor files you wish to insert into your game.

ok cheers i tried this but when i am creating a new game the "select data editor files" only gives me the option to select the whole database(s) and not any specific player files. i created a custom player then saved him in a different file from the previous editor files. then i started a new game but once it loaded it still gave him a new name.

Last edited:
Yes, this can be done -- though you need to do a couple of things before you start the game.

Firstly, open the editor and jot down the Unique ID of the player / players you have created. Then open notepad and write the following...

"CHANGE_PLAYER_NAME" UniqueID "First Name" "" "Last Name"

Although this says Change Player Name, it will in fact work in the opposite way when you deselect the Use Real Players option on the new game screen.

Place the Unique ID in the position stated above. Then enter the names of your created players in the corresponding sections. The middle "" is for the player(s) common name -- if you aren't using a common name you still need to write ""

Save this file as a .LNC file (just write .LNC at the end of your file name and it will do it) to...

If you are using the default database.
C / Program Files / Sports Interactive / Football Manager 2010 / data / db / 1000 / inc / all

or

If you are using an updated database then you will need to save the file there instead. If this is the case, you will need to go to C / Program Files / Sports Interactive / Football Manager 2010 / data / updates / AND THEN FIND THE INC / ALL FOLDER IN THE UPDATED DATABASE.

If you get a message saying you can't save in this area because you don't have administrator control (or similar) then you can save the file to your desktop and then cut and paste it into the correct area.

Load your game and everything should be how you want.

AFTER TESTING I'VE DISCOVERED THAT THIS WILL KEEP THE PLAYERS NAME, POSITION AND CLUB THE SAME AS THE INFO IN THE EDITOR, BUT NATIONALITY AND STATS CAN CHANGE. I'LL POST HERE IF I CAN GET AROUND THAT.

Last edited:
thanks a lot and sorry for such a late reply

i have tried this method and have got as far as the administrator control part which i think i managed to get around as it eventually let me save the file but when i load a new game it still gives the player a new identity i must be doing something wrong but can't figure out what.

i really think you should not be trying all this ****,real easy way to screw up your game