Can we make this tactic work? 4312/433

MRCX

Reaction score
Hello everyone!

With tactic testing on break at the moment, I decided I'd try something slightly different.
I usually build tactics myself, test them myself, then upload them to see how they're doing.
I usually build them without to many superstitions, but this time is different.

The tactic I have uploaded here is one that was built around certain superstitions, most of which regard the roles.
The superstitions were:
- There has to be a DLP. (I think we might be able to go for a different role that relies on the same stats)
- There has to be Mezzala.
- There has to be another Mezzala OR a Box-to-Box-Midfielder
- There have to be two strikers
- There should be a CAM (role doesn't matter) or left IW/IF (I think a right winger would be fine as well - it should just be something fitting for a right-footed player, I believe)

I've tinkered quite a bit by now, and in the beginning I tried to make a narrow, symmetrical 4-3-1-2, but I couldn't make that work.
I've then switched to an asymmetric approach and created the 4-3-3/4-3-1-2 you can see here.

I has done alright in testing with Celta Vigo, but to be honest, Vigo is just a team that has got very good players for this formation.

And then I wondered: Why not just make this some sort of community project?
I provide the base in the form of the tactic in it's current state, and whoever is interested can check it out, use it and tinker with it, then provide feedback to make it as good as possible while keeping the superstitions.
Of course, after we're done, I will upload the finished product, everyone who provided valuable advice will get credited, and we will have created something amazing together.

Tldr: I have made this tactic. Feel free to use it, but please provide feedback and how it could be improved while keeping the superstitions above.

If you provide feedback, please include what match-engine version you tested your changes with.
If you find out how to make this tactic godly, please don't upload it as yours without providing feedback here.

To everyone who takes part in this - thank you in advance! Let's create greatness!
Yours,
MRCX

Attachments

• MRCX 4-3-3 asymmetric (beta).fmf
    43.5 KB · Views: 90
  • Vigo 433 asymm tac.JPG
    Vigo 433 asymm tac.JPG
    103.2 KB · Views: 688
  • Vigo 433asymm.JPG
    Vigo 433asymm.JPG
    94.4 KB · Views: 212
Hey Sir, how did you get on with this? I would still recommend sharing this as a resource in the shared area as it'll get more attention. For me I wouldn't want it to be wide since your widest players ar the wingbacks and could leave space in behind for the opposition too easily.

I also find it odd to do a counter/counter press with a low tempo. Almost like a rush to get the ball back but than take a slow approach when you have it. Think that would frustrate me in real life, but then I have seen a team managed by Claude Puel and Mauricio Pellegrino.

Thank you for your feedback! I have actually tinkered with it a bit, and although I'm still not completely satisfied, it turned out quite interestingly.
I'll simulate another season with my newest approach and upload it to ressources afterwards!