Can you get rid negative mental attributes from young player ?

joefrizz

Reaction score
I scouted Jermaine Anderson, have a decent PA and good stats for his age, but his mental attributes like uncomfortable playing in big matches and inconsistent performer worry me.

here's the stats

View attachment 296890

View attachment 296889

Can you get rid negative mental attributes from young player ? maybe through tutoring or giving experience in the first team ?

You're managing Peterborough aswel?? I love that team.
Anyway, sadly I don't think so. It's determined by the players' hidden attributes. Playing big matches might get better as the player ages automatically, but the hidden attributes are also where injury proneness and dirtyness is 'written'. I don't think you're able to change it too much, sadly.

arent those stats what together makes up a players personality? profesionalism, pressure, ambition, determination etc
and they all can be altered by tutoring? I thought it was so...

You can't really affect them that much. Consistency can be gradually improved through game time (tutoring won't affect it). Important Matches attribute, however, can't really be changed, iirc. There was a thread about this in the previous FM section, probably search for it..

OP isn't managing Peterborough. He was scouting a player from Peterborough. Looking at OP's player alternatives, I'd guess Southampton.

Anyway, sadly I don't think so. It's determined by the players' hidden attributes. Playing big matches might get better as the player ages automatically, but the hidden attributes are also where injury proneness and dirtyness is 'written'. I don't think you're able to change it too much, sadly.
nope, managing soouthampton but interested to buy anderson for hot prospect player

You can't really affect them that much. Consistency can be gradually improved through game time (tutoring won't affect it). Important Matches attribute, however, can't really be changed, iirc. There was a thread about this in the previous FM section, probably search for it..

OP isn't managing Peterborough. He was scouting a player from Peterborough. Looking at OP's player alternatives, I'd guess Southampton.

yup southampton, I don't mind an attribute like doesn't enjoy big match or competitive streak but anderson doesn't feel comfortable at all in big match, that's really a red flag for me, if you can't get rid of that trait so I'll pass