can you really buy a premier league title?

Tracz

Reaction score
Well as fm15 is just around the corner most people have started to get a little bored of the game, and with very little time to start a long term save im going to start a game just for fun.
i will be starting as one of the lowest teams in the premier league, palace, leicester, burnley, qpr, i will use the editor to give myself £300million transfer budget and £2m wage budget,
I will then try to turn one of the mentioned teams in to league winners as soon as possible, i WILL NOT be editing anything else,
So i will need to buy smart as spending that money and not getting champions league football could destroy the club,

I would love to hear peoples opinions on this,

Thanks

Tracz

Last edited:
The biggest issue I can see you having is your reputation. If you start as a small club you wont have the reputation to attract big players even if you do have big funds. Its something FM has always struggled to put into the game. When you look at Man City they were a generic English team before they got took over but they then immediately brought in Robinho from Madrid when they have money. I think you will find it impossible to bring in Khedira or Coentrao from Madrid straight away.

Im not sure how you can get round this as if you increase your reputation in the editor your board demand higher expectations from you. Although that does usually happen when a team gets taken over by billionaires so that could be a fair way to get round it.

I agree with you that it will be hard, but if i could get one bigish name then other could follow, may have to search brazil for lesser known talents,
Could also go for transfer listed players, obviously only the ones better then what we have go,
But hopefully money talks with the agents enough,
Agree?

yeah increasing the budget doesn't mean anything tbh your reputation stays the same, I did this before with Palace & barely anyone wanted to come but I did manage to get a few guys like batschuayi

Afellay-£5m. Damiao-£5m. Bernard-£38m. Balanta-£13m. Ter stegen-£35m. Der wiel-£3m. Scott brown-£7.5m thats my signings so far, what you guys think?

Too much for ter stegen IMO and Bernard but others good.

Well yeah... Obviously you can buy a Premier League title. In fact, what you're doing really isn't difficult.. But whatever. Good luck :)

Thank you for your genuine kind hearted good wishes, means alot, so Thank you!!