Can you recommend players??

Cookie1

Reaction score
Hi everyone. I was wondering if maybe you could recommend players for a tactic I had in mind. The tactic is as follows:

GK

IWB-S CD CD WB-A

DLP-D

CM-A BBM

RMD AP-A

DLF-A

These are the 'type' of players I thought would be perfect for such a tactic.

GK - Buffon (In his prime of course)
IWB - Lahm (even though he wasn't a natural in this kind of role, he could still do a job in the middle of the park)
CD - Ramos (On the right side, since he provides defensive stability plus goals from setpeices at the other end)
CD - Cheillini (Solid, no nonsense stuff)
WB-A - Marcelo, or Roberto Carlos of old (to provide attacking threat from crosses)
DLP-D - Pirlo, or Xabi Alonso (Creativity and pin point passing from an unexpected area of the pitch)
CM-A - Iniesta (Goalscoring midfielder who has skill and flair)
BBM - Xavi (Threat from long range, plus incredible passing and vision)
RMD - Cristiano Ronaldo (a ruthless finisher)
AP-A - David Silva - (Creativity and Goals)
DLF-A Ibrahimovic (Good in the air, can link up play effectively and can score goals consistently)

Problem is, I cant think of many players that fit these descriptions. Anybody with any suggestions as to who can fill these roles??

(I know certain players are still in the game, but they are very difficult to sign, even if you are a big club, so any recommendations would be welcome)

Thanks in advance!

Without knowing what division you are planning to play at it is very hard to make suggestions. However, maybe you could look at the players still in the game and ask scouts to look for similar players?

Thanks for your reply. I am currently Everton. I am looking for players that have similar traits to those i mentioned. That is, who in the game is possibly the new Xavi, the new Iniesta etc...

I would agree with Jamal Lewis if you can get him early, the other Norwich FB isn't too bad either. Have a look at Matta Perrin the Juve goalkeeper.

Udinese. Rolando Mandragora. Decent for me second season Newcastle.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Thanks to all those who replied.
To anybody who still wishes to contribute, I am now at Juventus, and now need almost a full squad worth of players since the entire squad is aging. To make matters worse, Antonio Conte left the club in a financial mess, so I dont have much to spend. So any suggestions that are "Juventus Quality" would be welcome.
Thanks again.

EDIT: What do you guys think about Matteo Politano? He is available on a free, and I am debating whether or not he is good enough. So if anybody has had experience with Politano, what should I do? Should I sign him up?

EDIT: I signed Politano, and have only 18M euros to spend.

Last edited:
James Wilson, Ben Woodburn, Patrick Roberts good cheap-ish options

Thiago Almada (David Silva, but better), Alejandro Pozo, Matias Pellegrini (Old school winger), Jayden Bogle (Roberto Carlos), Sergi Samper (Busquets)

Obvisouly depending on how they've developed, their ability and prices might vary

James Wilson, Ben Woodburn, Patrick Roberts good cheap-ish options

Thiago Almada (David Silva, but better), Alejandro Pozo, Matias Pellegrini (Old school winger), Jayden Bogle (Roberto Carlos), Sergi Samper (Busquets)

Obvisouly depending on how they've developed, their ability and prices might vary

Thanks for your reply. I signed Thiago Almada for Everton before I moved to Juventus, and Everton are currently unwilling to sell. Thanks for the suggestion though.