Can you resume a saved game when installing FM on a new laptop?

garethf81

Reaction score
Hi all,

I've just got a new laptop just for upgrade reasons and i want to know if its possible to resume the saved game from my old laptop?

I run FM through Steam - so wondered if when I install FM on my new laptop will I be able to carry on where I left off from my old laptop?

yes. steam saves all your games, you can play on any laptop/pc worldwide

Thanks Jake,

I've installed FM on my new laptop (through Steam). My installed FM game was already on Steam (in my "games" section) and FM "updated"......however, once I fired up FM there were no recognised saved games for me to resume - leaving the only option of "Create New Game"??? :(

you could create a games folder in my documents and paste the game inside. the load game option should work

yh cmh9090 is right

if you go on your own Laptop. go to the steam saved files folder. copy it onto a pen drive or something. then transfer it over the same place on your new computer

im not sure exactly how it works as im not a steam user myself, much prefer to be able to play without having the internet connected.

im sure someone can help.

if not you can copy your old save file onto a usb pen drive and move it to the corresponding folder on your new laptop

---------- Post added at 07:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:51 PM ----------

edit: oh scott and cmh got their first...