tcolgrav

Reaction score
Dont know whats going on, but I cant score a penalty to save my life

Just finished my first season with newcastle, had at least 15 penalties, scored 1. Every other one was saved by the keeper. Admittidley the other teams I played had the same issue scoring against me

But Yohanne Cabaye missing that many? Unbelieveable...

I think I've scored all mine so far. I'm 30 games in to first season. Scored all and saved the one I conceded. I do think its completely random though.

Sent from my iPhone5 using Tapatalk

1/15 penalties is a bit extreme. I for one think that's a slight exaggeration. To get 15 penalties in a season is way off.

The game's more realistic. Penalties get missed all the time. Look at Man Utd this season, Rooney, RVP & Nani have all missed.

I check the % of penalties converted in the game at the end of every season. Some strikers get as many as 7/7.

Absolutely no problem for me whatsoever. Had a pen shootout in Blackburn save in Cap One match against Newcastle and only missed one. Ball went into orbit. Though it helps having players with good composure

Oh no problem in Penalty shoot outs, went 4 capital one games straight with penalty shoot out wins. When I say 15 penalty kicks, im talking full season including reaching final of europa, Semi's of Capital and 4th round of FA
And As i said, not just me missing, it's the team im playing that is missing continually too

Just found it wierd is all, and frustrating, especially when cabaye has Pen of 16 and composure of 16

Oh no problem in Penalty shoot outs, went 4 capital one games straight with penalty shoot out wins. When I say 15 penalty kicks, im talking full season including reaching final of europa, Semi's of Capital and 4th round of FA
And As i said, not just me missing, it's the team im playing that is missing continually too

Just found it wierd is all, and frustrating, especially when cabaye has Pen of 16 and composure of 16

Look up the Opta stats of penalties missed in regular play. You'll be surprised at the percentage missed, much higher than you'd think.

1/15 isn't right, but even so, if I had someone at 1/4 or 1/5 I'd switch to Ba or Cisse.

Bumping a old thread here, but i am having the same problem since the game updated a couple of days ago, i have now missed 7/7 penaltys and saved 4/4 penaltys, i have tried different takers with high penalty taking stats, makes no difference :S

My old save before the update, with Lukasz Podolski taking my penaltys he scored every penalty he took over a 6 year period with Arsenal, with stats of like over 20 penaltys scored, after a season and a half on the new update, the same player has missed 4/4 already :S

ive never missed..
even when a playrs stats are low they always score

When I had Lampard at Chelsea who had high pens and composure he never missed for me but since he retired, i've had Falcao, Hazard, Alaba, Mata, Neymar and they are all inconsistent even though they have decent stats. The ones they miss tend to be in the tight big games when there's more pressure but they very rarely miss in easy games. I went about 6 or 7 penalties missed in a row a while back and as soon as I scored that one to break that missing streak it was scoring them again. I don't think it is random but I do feel it is a bit exaggerated.

Have you tried it since the latest update from 2 days ago? like i said i had a perfect record nearly barr about 1 over 5-6 seasons, then i update, start a new games and its impossible to score one or concede one....i haven't got to a penalty shoot out yet to see if its the same.

Goal stats from the end of my current Brazilian season:
Placed shot : 58
Powerful shot : 13
Lob : 1
Header : 18
Free kick : 3
Penalty : 7 (out of 7!)

Huh. That's a lot different from pre-patch. More free kick goals, far more headers and far less lobs.
Anyway, as you can see, I managed to score a few penalty goals during the season.

(...I probably should've checked my stats earlier. Just noticed that one of my players has made 84 fouls during the past 47 matches. 13 yellow cards and one red. That's a bit excessive.)

Last edited:
I just had 3 penalties awarded to me in a cup match, in which i won 4 - 2 (could have been 7 - 2).
Yep, missed all 3 completely, ever since this new patch, penalties are horrendous. hehe. Except for penalty shootout after extratime, no one misses....

I'm also having a ridiculously poor run with penaltys. Using a regen who's scored 100 league goals by age 22. 14 pen and high comp and fin. He'd be lucky to have scored 1/6 this season.

9/9 misses now and just saved another, dont think i have conceded one yet.

Went through a phase where I couldnt score at all regarless of which of my 3 penalty takers where taking the penalty . All three penalty takers had high(15+) pen and com .

One time I got a penalty and looked away while it was taken and thought the hex was broken when the screen flashed that I had scored . When I watched the reply I saw he had jumped on the rebound after the keeper saved it !

This went on for about 8 penalties in a row and then mysteriously as It arrived it went !