fullerr44

Reaction score
My name is Ken Broderick and I am Canadian eh.

Although I am only 29, I have been coaching football in Canada for 7 years after a failed University career as a full back. Apparently I look like I am pulling a truck when I accelerate which looked too painful for my coaches to allow on the pitch.
In June of 2015 I headed off to England to follow up on some job postings I had seen for a Manager position. Growing up as a child, my friends were engrossed in hockey, baseball and basketball, I was the oddball who searched the internet for everything I could read about European Football. My friends idolized Wayne Gretzky, Mario Lemieux, Vince Carter, Joe Carter, while I dreamed of having the skills of Hagi, Zidane, Van Basten or Stoichkov. My dream has now been modified because my playing career evolved into a Sunday leaguer. I am going to win the Champions League as a Manager!

July 1st​, 2015 I had my first interview. It was with Bromley and I think it went well.

July7th​, 2015 Bromley hired Rod Stringer as their Manager but I got a call from Chelmsford City for an interview tomorrow!

July 8th, 2015 once again I have a good feeling.....

July13th, 2015 they have offered me a contract! First I am going to sign Messi or Ronaldo or maybe go for youth like Barbosa or Tieleman. Maybe I should sign the contract first.

My new club.
View attachment 162691

The Board’s expectations.
View attachment 162693

I don’t know where my career will take me but this is the beginning, Chelmsford England. The goal will be to win the Champions League. I don’t know with what club that will be or what country I will be based in but I do know I will get there.

August 1st​,2015 July was all about getting to know the players and developing my plan for tactics. With only 20 players on the roster I prayed that we could keep everyone fit and healthy as we had no depth. Transfers and signings would not factor into play as finances were tight.

View attachment 162676

August would see us play in 7 league matches. My goal is to win 4 of them. The media has pegged us for relegation, predicting a 20th​ place finish.

View attachment 162675

I have a good idea who my starting 11 will be and look forward to August 8th when the season starts. I have been questioned in the media for being too young and my lack of experience but I hope to prove them wrong.

Our first match was against Oxford City. At the half we were down 0-2 but I was still optimistic as were getting our chances and looked competitive. At the 59th​ midfielder Lee Sawyer received his second yellow card and a loss was in the books. Down 0-3 I brought teenager Billy Hunt on at the 75th​ minute and he showed some creative flair that resulted in a goal at the 86th​ minute. Not the result I had hoped for but I definitely saw some positive points.

After starting our season on Saturday we played our second game on Monday, not much of a break between matches and our home debut. In the 11th​ minute Billy Hunt scored his 2nd​ league goal and we were up 1-0. Hemel Hempstead replied at the 35th​ minute and that was it for scoring as our home debut finished 1-1.

The next three games saw us win two at home but suffer a crushing 1-4 loss versus Whitehawk in an away match, leaving no chance to get 4 wins for the month. We had a tough match on the road versus Maidstone in order to finish August with 3 wins which would still be successful in my eyes.

View attachment 162667

That last away match ended in a draw and as you can see we sit 14th​. Looking back on the month it was or inability to score when playing away that hindered us. Six our eight goals were scored during our 3 home games. Our best performer for the month was Aristote Kamaneno the 20 year old from the Republic of Congo who was playing in the left full back position. He had 3 assists in 6 games for a 7.32 rating. Injuries played their role as Vice Captain Mark Haines was lost for 6-7 months just prior to the start of the season and various other injuries kept players out for 7 to 9 days.

September would see us play 4 matches and ease up on the weekend then weekday fixtures that were pushing the teams depth, forcing me to play the youngsters that should be sitting on the bench learning.

Last edited: