Canadian Soccer Leagues

Banks

Reaction score
Hi

i was thinking of adding the Canadian Soccer Leagues, but just wanted to know if any one as already done it, and if theres a place to download it here?

or if some one want to do it and updated it that would be great :)

i dunno bout al this but the canadian league should be added on fm2010

I have quite a broad knowledge of football in general, although I no nothing whatsoever about football in Canada. Is the standard of football high? Have any famous players ever played there?

I think for my first save on FM10, I will load up all the leagues and nations and which I have never done and start unemployed.

well i think football (soccer) isn't that evolved in Canada. I remember having a look at Canadian clubs and if i remember correctly one of the teams in the database is Brampton, which is like a suburb of Toronto. When I was in Canada I went to the Toronto home ground who play in the MLS, it looked quite nice but judging from Brampton being in the first league i think it might not be that great in Canada. but it's a big country though so might be a good league for a little talent.

Last edited:
yea ive just got back from canada, i love it there, i went to see toronto FC, it was a good game, got there shirt to :) wanted to start a league in canada but there isnt one :(

i may just start one but dont know what stats to give them :S

Yeah Canada is great, worked there, well you can play Toronto in the MLS for what it's worth, then load all canadian players when you start the game and you've got some nice talent pools ;)

thanks mate, didnt know toronto was even in the game lol.

The leagues in Canada really arent that great. That is mainly because though our players mainly play in College's and Universities. The leagues are not that evolved however lately with Toronto FC becoming big and Vancouver getting an MLS franchise the CSL is starting to get some press which is bringing in kids wanting to play.

I dont think it will ever be like Hockey where every kid wants to play for their home town team (but theirs no promotion or relegation in hockey just keeps them the same really...... which tends to make them stagnant in my opinion.) However I love that football is becoming a lot bigger in Canada.

The ONLY famous players we have (if you can call them that) are Dwayne De Rosario, Olivier Occean, Kevin Harmse, Julian and Johnathon De Guzman (although one plays for the Holland u20's) and Jimmie Brennan. All of which are about Championship quality players. David Edgar (used to play for newcaslte and I think he went to either Brum or Burnley I dont know) looks like he could be a good prospect.

I might make a league out of this for the Canadians but I dont know what league id replace.

the canadian soccer league is developing....im currently playing in the reserve league right now....but its still a long way off