Dgriffin

Reaction score
Hey Everybody.

I am playing Football Manager 2011 on a Macbook Pro. All patches current have been downloaded and installed.
My problem is that every time I try to start the game up it gives me an error message like this: "Failed to find a default database to use. Make sure your installation is not corrupt". When i first saw this message i checked the /Users/***/Documents/Sports Interactive/Football Manager 2011/db/ - folder and there is no database file in there? I believe that is where it is supposed to be?

I have tried to delete all FM folders and re-install the game about 5 times now from Steam, but no changes. I am getting a bit desperate here.

I am open for all suggestions.

Last edited:
Try Verifying the game cache. To do this go:

1. From the Library section, right-click on the game and select Properties from the menu.
2. Select the Local files tab and click the Verify integrity of game cache button.
3. Steam will verify the game's files - this process may take several minutes.

I've tried doing that but I still had got the same error. Right now I've deleted anything related to FM 2011 and am attempting to reinstall it through Steam, hopefully it will work this time.

What if you download the game through Steam instead of installing it off the DVD? It sounds like you copy is corrupted if it is happening every time you install off the DVD...

I should have been more clear, but I did download it through Steam, I don't have a physical DVD.

Well, that is really strange. I have never had a problem with Steam TBH. I would check the Steam/Sports Interactive forums to see if anyone else has had the same problem. Otherwise contact Steam support. They are usually pretty good.