Cannot get a job when starting unemployed?

IggyBug

Nov 24, 2010
I'm a 25, with "auto" experience. I selected the default recommended nations. I start the game unemployed. I applied for all available vacancies as manager. However, all of them were rejected. So, how do you actually get a job starting unemployed?

WonderManager

Dec 30, 2009
Only lower league teams will accept you as their head coach if starting unemployed with "auto" experience.

khemo

Jun 8, 2009
your reputation is probably low now and you have to wait some ****** club to offer you a job

Aannddyy

Super Duper Moderator
Jun 30, 2009
www.fm-base.co.uk
If you select "auto" rep, your reputation is automatically set so that you can only get a job in the lowest rep division you have loaded up. Do what khemo said, holiday indefinitely you should be offered a job by January as lower division clubs are always sacking their bosses :)

Darandio

Destroyer Of Ego's
Jan 15, 2009
www.dpsimulation.org.uk
Going unemployed is what I mostly do now, adds to the realism and I find it much more of a challenge to take over a struggling club outside of the transfer window. Saves all the rigmaroll of pre-season as well.

Lazaru5

Mar 8, 2010
I started unemployed with 'Sunday league footballer' reputation... took till mid November for Eastleigh of the BSS to offer me a job.

khemo

Jun 8, 2009
thanks for the help. Went on vacation for over 2 months and finally get applied for Altamira.
No problem ;).It's an interesting way to play the game,I managed to get job at Lierse after only few days but my rep. was semi-pro

Callum26

Feb 18, 2010
i was sunday football experience and after 3 months i got offered by walsall :) got them up to the championship after 2 seasons now 14th.

sgun

Jul 1, 2011
hey dudes. i started unemployed with auto rep. there are 3 available team to apply a job. one of them is wolfsburg. i applied and they accept it immediately. how could this be possible? i want realism but its really weird. as well other 2 teams are accept my apply too. its make no sense. if there is a pereference to fix it please let me know.

sat10

Aug 21, 2009
hey dudes. i started unemployed with auto rep. there are 3 available team to apply a job. one of them is wolfsburg. i applied and they accept it immediately. how could this be possible? i want realism but its really weird. as well other 2 teams are accept my apply too. its make no sense. if there is a pereference to fix it please let me know.
if you're from a high-ranked footballing country (nationality), your reputation will be higher than if you're from, lets say Tanzania..So start as a Sunday League footballer maybe...or somewhere around that level, if you want it to be harder to get jobs...

santiago90c

Aug 18, 2011
You have to apply to very low teams, I got a job offered from Bromley, a Semi-Professional club that played in the Blue Square South, now we're leading the League 2 after 3 years. I plan to get them all the way to the Premier, going to be tough and will probably take me around 10 years. It's a great cahllenge though.

The most difficult thing I've found so far is getting good coaches and scouts