Reaction score
Hello,

I've tried managing larger clubs and I find it kind of boring, so I switched my attention to the BSS league.

I tried managing Woking and Chelmsford, who were predicted to finish first and third respectively. I have no idea what I am doing wrong, but no matter what club I manage, I cannot seem to get results.

I am using the 4-4-2 Staines Lower League tactic

I finally got fed up with loosing with these teams so I created my own team and also created a wonderkid to go with it. However, I found the team still cannot manage to get a win, evern in preseason friendlies. I have played 11 games and have yet to record a win. I'm pretty sure my problem is with scoring, even with my wonderkid striker. Most games we lose 1-0 so my defense is pretty decent.

I am just looking for suggestions on things to try, because at this point, I'm open to anything.

Try to manage at championship level because it's quite fun, but its not too hard.
So start with Middlesborough, Sheff u. ect

Yea, I hear what you're saying...I managed Fulham for a while and Ivory Coast (and even won the WC with them), but I really like playing the lower leagues. Plus I spent a lot of time designing logos and kits for my team, and I'm writing a story for them, so I'd really like to continue managing them.

I ha this problem in FM 2009, I just couldn't get into a game, it was so frustrating. You need to find a good tactic, and then things should start looking up. Search around on the site, there are several excellent ones. At the end of the day, its the tactic that wins you matches, and believe me, I know that it cannot be as satisfying winning with someone else's tactic, but surely it is better tan not winning at all?

I've had this issue before and from what I've learned there are 2 possible issues, particularly in low leagues.
When you're favourites - most of the times teams will play counter/defensive occasionaly contain. you may want to try a more controlled and patient buildup to create better opportunities.

Alternatively you may be too restrictive and limiting players from getting into more dangerous positions.

The staines tactic linked isn't an offensive juggernaut from the description (28goals in 22 matches, it seems more geared towards keeping things tight) so it maybe unsuitable for what your're after

PS. No offense but if you're willing to edit a player in - I don't know how much more satisfying it can be than using a proven tactic

Last edited:
To be honest i've never had a problem of not winning any games, i swear thats almost impossible, especially at lower league level.

My only advice would be to sign players on a free. When i managed Crawley in BSP i was predicted 10th finish, managed to get 2nd due to free signings. Theres a stupid amount of players you can get on a free that will be better than your current players. Other than that, i cant see how you'd be loosing every game.

look for free transfers, get a good, solid training programme which can be downloaded from this site and a good tactic also from thie site

Thanks everyone.

I bought a solid striker and and changed to a 4-5-1 tactic I found and it seems to be working. I made my way out of the relegation zone and have won 3 in a row. Hopefully things are starting to go my way!

You'll find its all about morale in the lower leagues as well

You probably aren't using the right tactics that suit you players. No point telling technical players to play route 1 football or unskilled athletic players to play short quick passing. Over time with transfers and bringing youth players through you can change the makeup of the side.