RTvD

Reaction score
I play as Ajax, 4-2-3-1 with an attacking based tactic. I seem to do well in most matches, especially against teams that also play on the attack. But when I come up against weaker teams that play with a very defensive formation and play on the counter, I never manage to score and always lose 0-1 or 0-2. How do I beat these defensive formations?

I play as Ajax, 4-2-3-1 with an attacking based tactic. I seem to do well in most matches, especially against teams that also play on the attack. But when I come up against weaker teams that play with a very defensive formation and play on the counter, I never manage to score and always lose 0-1 or 0-2. How do I beat these defensive formations?

Try not to play so attakcing but instead,more probing. Have many players moving between the lines and let the bulbacks overlap the wingers.

So, Standard or Control: Retain possession, hassle, Use overlaps, those sort of things

I use:

Control, Use overlaps, play open, play by both flanks. and fluid

It really helps to mess with their flanks to cross to your striker. I've managed Cardozo to score 11 goals in 5 matches using this :D