swainy125

Reaction score
In my third season with fulham and after surviving relegation from the prem by the skin of my teeth in the first season I hoped things would start to improve. 10 games into the new season i feel like there is a conspiracy against me and my team, i can win no matter what i try and don't get me started on the state of my defenders. These are some stats from my past 3 games all of which i felt so hard done by.
View attachment 37490View attachment 37489View attachment 37488View attachment 37487View attachment 37486View attachment 37491

Well, just looking over the match stats and tactics can only tell us so much. But if I had to guess, you are getting countered despite controlling the action. Teams are Leicester'ing you. If that's the case, what are you doing to prevent it?

Looking over the tactics, you are pretty much pulling a Wenger. No true holding player (a DLP, even on defend, is a playmaker first). Wide defenders being asked to get forward. You aren't afford your defenders much protection. All three variations have at least 3 players who contribute nothing defensively. Its not as bad it could be, mind you - the defensive line isn't pushing up, the mentality isn't that aggressive, and at least you have a player in the DM spot. But you are still putting a lot of players forward and leaving space, which is probably where you are leaking goals. Again, guessing.

Most changes are going to blunt your attacking a bit. But if the concern is defensive more than anything.... Simple change would be use the second version, flip the MC to a DLP (Roaming Playmaker is fine, but DLP is a bit more stationary in the central spot) and the DM to something more defensive. DM or even Anchor Man. Could even bring the two wingers back into the ML/MR slots, just so they have a deeper starting position and help more with the defensive shape.