philliar

Reaction score
I'm currently playing as AC Milan in 2018. I have a very good team and have won the league every year since the beginning of the save. I normally win the league by quite a long way as well.

I have a problem that I have never got past the quarter-finals of the champions league despite having a very strong team. Does anyone have any advice?

Thanks in advance

How much do you rotate your players before a Champions League fixture, if you could post your players and tactics then we could probably help a bit more

I won champions leaugue 2 out of my 3 seasons with Milan , sometimes down to luck of draw I always liked to be away first leg and counter with a 4-5-1 before attacking on the home games !

try playing a more symmetrical formation.

You got space that can be easily exploited by intelligent, skillful attacking teams.

it's a brilliant tactic made by the better half and it gets me around 90 points a season in the league and both cups however i just can't seem to do well in the champions league. should i use a different tactic?

it's a brilliant tactic made by the better half and it gets me around 90 points a season in the league and both cups however i just can't seem to do well in the champions league. should i use a different tactic?

I was just interested because I use more standard formations. At this juncture I am employing the diamond formation and have won the Champions League 3 years out of 4 with Bradford Park Avenue. I guess its the away performances that do it as much as anything because of key away goals. An anchor man, two wingers and an advanced playmaker behind two strikers. It is worth noting however I have yet to win the EPL, finishing second a few times. Maybe my style is better suited to the cups.

Make a backup tactic as 4-5-1

One dm, two cms and twi wingers.

2/2 with Swansea and heading towards 3 easil
Your problem could be that teams play very differently in Italy compared to other countries

So whilst that works there it might not necessarily work in the CL

For example, I use 3-2-4-1 in italy, anywhere else and it gets ripped apart.

ok thanks guys. could you possibly recommend tempo and strategy?

I just play, normal tempo, short passing, more creative freedom with a balanced philosophy and attacking strategy.

May I recommend Tachtidis as your DM? Absolute beast

You have very attacking players. It looks like you're using TBH's 4-5-1.
Gotze should be playing in El Sharaawy's position and you need a more balanced ML like Bale (can attack well, but also defend). Even your DM is attacking, Fellaini has attacking PPMs that will go against your tactic. I think Francos is a regen so I can't tell, but the CM needs to be equally good in creativity and defensive/mental stats.

In Italy, you might just own every team because you have the best players in the league. When you face better players and teams like Barca, Madrid, you will get owned because they simply have better attacking players.
You need to play your more balanced, experienced players with better mental stats in these games. Gotze as a wide midfielder is suicidal as he basically plays like an inside forward/advanced playmaker wherever you put him due to his PPMs.

tbh i find the champion league easy if u play 4-2-3-1 with 1 winger 1 if 2 cms 1 as bwm defend other as dlp defend and amc as attacking midfielder and poacher upfront