Davebarbaren

Reaction score
I use a very offensive 4-3-3 formation and I score alot but I also concede alot. 99% of all goals conceded are from crosses where the winger just dribbles off three ppl and crosses for a striker to tap in. My centrebacks just seems to watch him. I use close down much more, tighter marking and get stuck in. What is wrong this is retarded.

Okay if I conced from a cross every once in a while but this is just too unrealistic and ****. Players like Hazard and Bolasie just toys with my team and beats 4-5 men before they cross for a tap in. What am I doing wrong pls help me!

Well you'll need to post a bit more info with you player roles etc. There is a known bug regarding defensive shape that SI are working on for the next patch

What is the bug? I use FB(A) CB(ST) CB(ST) FB(A) CM(A) CM(S) CM(A) DLF(A) CF(A) DLF(A)

There is a known bug regarding defensive shape that SI are working on for the next patch

This.

You'll have to wait for the next patch before you'll be able to properly defend your wide area's. FBs/WBs aren't doing their job defensively and CBs are getting dragged out wide to compensate.

You're using so many attack duties and have nobody coming back to defend. No surprise you're conceding so many.

Last edited:
I won PL and CL with Huddersfield in FM15 with this tactic so its either bugged or my tactic just doesnt work in FM16. When will they fix this bug?

Things are a little changed in defending in a better way but there seems to be some new "rules" in the game.

In this thread Cleon says that with Attacking mentality you should not use more than 4 attacking duties to be balanced.

Thanks for the answers. Does anyone know when this new patch comes out?

I won PL and CL with Huddersfield in FM15 with this tactic so its either bugged or my tactic just doesnt work in FM16. When will they fix this bug?
This isn't FM15.

The AI is better and as Fusershift correctly pointed out, your setup is ridiculously attacking.

Yes I know this isnt FM15. So I wonder what they changed in FM16 because the tactic that I slaughtered everyone with in FM15 isnt working anymore. That beeing said I did concede alot in FM15 also using this tactic but I still won matches like 7-3

As already mentioned, you only have 3 players not on attack duty. Try setting up with a midfielder on support rather than attack and your 2 fullbacks maybe on support. Watch the game and this allows you to change it mid game more attacking if it suits the flow of the game. I also always start with same formation & tactics but they rarely stay that way for long.

This year i started with my prefered defensive 4-1-4-1 slow tempo short passing very safe style. I quickly found on FM16 it was not standing a chance, i am now playing high tempo high pressure.

Seriously try a more balanced team, less attacking instructions on the individual positions especially your R/L fullbacks

Yes I know this isnt FM15. So I wonder what they changed in FM16 because the tactic that I slaughtered everyone with in FM15 isnt working anymore. That beeing said I did concede alot in FM15 also using this tactic but I still won matches like 7-3
As my post said ------- the AI is better tactically... and counter attacking is finally dangerous.

Sorry mate, I don't want to be rude or something, but it's FM15 that must have been bugged if you slaughtered everyone.. It doesn't make much sense in football perspective with all your duties.. Even with that information I can see why you concede goals from crosses.. AI will exploit your main weaknesses, you must adapt your tactic accordingly in right places..

My tactic was the bomb in FM15. I won 8-5 vs Real Madrid in the CL final season 3 with Huddersfield.

I have the same problem and I literally don't know what to do.

Currently, I play in the Jupiler League (Holland) with fullbacks and most goals I concede are from crosses by AML's or AMR's, which are common in almost every opponent tactic in dutch football. I've tried tight marking, closing down, force to weak foot, putting my fullbacks on defensive duty etc. I'm even training defensive positioning as match prep right now. I prefer to play narrow as I'm predicted last and want a solid core, but sometimes I go wide as well - nothing seems to help.

Anyone with luck closing down offensive wings? There must be someone :)

I'm struggling too. I wonder if width has any influence on matters. I will say that I've tried different widths, and different mentalities and instructions, but few seem to mean much. Three or four times a game, the defence simply shuts down. I can't fathom why they suddenly turn off. It can't be concentration, as it's happening with every save.

Don't tight mark the wingers. If they have good off the ball your defenders that have less pace will be done.
If they play wide and your winger is on attack duty your FBs are alone...
Also, if you see the other team using the flanks, drop your wingers to support duty and your FBs to support or defend.
Lower your D-line to leave less space behind
tick "stay in positions" so they dont' get dragged
Don't press all the field so they don't get dragged
use hard tackle.
Don't use a lot of fluidity.
Change mentality to counter

This are all advises to get less goals inside your nets from all over the place.

Don't thank me, thank to MANUMAD thread:
http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/football-manager-2016-discussion/351743-manumads-box-choccies.html

If you all showed your setups then it might help people improve your tactics