swfcAH

Reaction score
Played the game since christmas, no major problems, haven't taken it out of the disk drive since i bought it yet i booted it up this morning and it was unable to find the disk?

Any Idead :(

Have you recently patched the game?

This happens to me , just open up the tray and close it again a few times.
This seems to work when I do it.

Have you recently patched the game?

I got the 11.2 patch about two weeks ago but other than that i cant think of anything thats changed the laptop or the game enough for it not to be able to read it

---------- Post added at 06:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:02 PM ----------

This happens to me , just open up the tray and close it again a few times.
This seems to work when I do it.

with or without booting up the game?

try lightly wiping the disc with a cloth or a small part of your jumper or something similar

try lightly wiping the disc with a cloth or a small part of your jumper or something similar

tried that, didn't work.

tried a dvd just now and it sounded like something was vibrating, but then i tried FM again and it sounded normal plus it works, im really confused now

Your disc drive is probbably on the way out.

If it goes you can either replace it or buy an external one.

Like is said, sounds like the disk drive is on its last legs, (check drive updates just in case) although I have had the problem where it didnt see the DVD a few times, restart the laptop and everything was grand, only happened once or twice though.

Yup, but with me Steam start-up of FM takes forever :O

I recommend getting an executable file to replace the original, which negates the need for the disc :)

Use one of your burning programs to create a disk image on your computer and run it from that instead. Had to do that on a friends computer a few years back as he was complaining the disk drive was heating up too much when he played it - Vista didnt exactly help him mind you.

Wasn't my train of thought but that could work :p

There are downloadable .exe files from www.gamecopyworld.com

Make sure to take the correct one, and when the game is updated, you need a new .exe file (I think)