Can't for the life of me remember his name!

SLR1987

Reaction score
Can anyone tell me the name of that 16 year old American who went from New York, to Villarreal?

Hmmm Yeah it was Altidore, but that wasn't who I was thinking of, maybe he didn't go to Villarreal, he was a winger or an attacking midfielder if I remember correctly, theres was all that hype about him on fm09 I think :S

Was it Freddy Adu?

don't think he was V.Real though

Yeah thats the one Freddy Adu! No he didn't go to Villarreal... I was mixing him up with Altidore! Cheers iGary!

Yeah adu went to benfica, had trials with man u and all but didnt impress at all. Hes been on loan at monaco and some rubbish greek team. Not sure where he is now?

He's playing for Philadelphia, wanted to take a look at him om 2012, because he was such a talent in previous version... distinctly average now though...

People been saying he's burned out already! In any case, he's never lived upto his initial billing as being the MLS super-duper mega ultra star they were predicting when he started playing professionally at 14!

That's the issue! He was an awesome kid! Still at 22, he has plenty of time to turn his career around, again!

Adu 1,70 and about 70 kg when he made his professional debut.
Today, about the same weight and height.
Riiiiiiiight :p

That's the issue! He was an awesome kid! Still at 22, he has plenty of time to turn his career around, again!

Unfortunately some players peak early and never do much after that. Alexander Daigle for all you hockey-fans out there.

Hes having a trial with Rayo vallecano at the moment!!

I remember fergie saying he rivaled scholsey in the 5 a side sessions buy couldnt transfer it to 11 a side!