jg96ram

Reaction score
Right then, I'm in my first season of my last FM story with Derby. We're up the top of the league, rotating the team and playing short, fast attacking football, in a 4-2-4 formation. I.e:

goalkeeper (defend)
RB (defend) CB(defend) CB (defend) LB (defend)
CM (BWM) CM(AP)
RWM (winger attack) LWM (winger Attack)
Striker (poacher) Striker (TM)

The start of the season worked wonderes, but after heavy defensive investment we were still leaking goals every game, but scoring loads up front. It therefore brought in a DM on loan, and swapped the formation so that the poacher striker became an DLP Dm just behind the defence. We are still leaking goals and its starting to affect results. Is there anything else I should try? Thanks

Welcome to FM12! Clean sheets are as rare as quality English left wingers!

you just have to be patient with you investment and make offer for the right players coz i had a run of 5 clean sheets with tim krul in my newly started newcastle save so it can happen and i only signed two senior players

Personally I would try either increasing or decreasing your pressing settings. I would watch the games and try to notice if any of your players are being caught out of position or if they are not getting close enough to the ball and try to adapt the setting by a small amount.

Obviously this isn't a perfect plan as opponents play in different ways but maybe it could help.

thanks for the replies guys, They do seem to be out of position a lot , so may tell them to drop off a bit :)

try to get a goal keeper on loan or sign 1 if u are in a transfer window, also if u are scoring loads of goals then set your tactics to defend with only your left mid, right mid and 2 strikers attacking