Reaction score
Hey!

Why am i having a hard time keeping possession with this tactic?
View attachment 211271
View attachment 211270
View attachment 211269

I like how they play in attack but allot of the time they try to force it to much and end up just giving the ball away for free and that often gives the opponents a few extra shots/chanses on the break. Im trying to get them to be more patient with retain possession, lower tempo, shorter passing etc but nothing seems to work.
Is it possible to keep some possession while having attacking mentality?

I can post player instructions if you dont see the problem straight away let me know.

You have 4 attack duty players who will bomb forward and join the front 3 as soon as you get possession of the ball. Who's left in midfield? A lone DM. You're not having much possession because more than half your team will be bunching up in the final third.

That's without seeing the PIs, which may completely change things.

You have a million TIs as well. In fact, looking at them, why on earth do you have an Attacking mentality? Your TIs seem to indicate that you want a less aggressive mentality.

All of this would be extremely obvious if you watch a match or even just 5 mins of it in full.

View attachment 210696

As you can see i have fixed the possession part. Seems like giving my attackers and the 2 CMs "roam from position" did allot.
The problem i have now is shots not being dangerous enough. As you can see 16 shots but only 5 on goal, not good enough. From watching the games i feel like the problem allot of the time is players (the IFs mostly) shooting from weird angles. They will shot from the byline even when there are players inside the box they can try a pass to. Is this just a ME thing like "he is close to the goal therefore he should shot" and not taking into account the angle? Or can this be fixed?

Last edited:
View attachment 986175

As you can see i have fixed the possession part. Seems like giving my attackers and the 2 CMs "roam from position" did allot.
The problem i have now is shots not being dangerous enough. As you can see 16 shots but only 5 on goal, not good enough. From watching the games i feel like the problem allot of the time is players (the IFs mostly) shooting from weird angles. They will shot from the byline even when there are players inside the box they can try a pass to. Is this just a ME thing like "he is close to the goal therefor he should shot" and not taking into account the angle? Or can this be fixed?
This is why I ask for PKMs in the sticky thread. It's impossible to see the situation you're describing. I can't remember off-hand what the PIs are for an IF/S, but what are their crossing settings at? You're preventing crosses almost entirely with your TIs and they probably have no one to pass to, so are taking stupid shots.

This is why I ask for PKMs in the sticky thread. It's impossible to see the situation you're describing. I can't remember off-hand what the PIs are for an IF/S, but what are their crossing settings at? You're preventing crosses almost entirely with your TIs and they probably have no one to pass to, so are taking stupid shots.

I will post a game on here later when i get home then. Btw how do you save a game? I have never done it before.
Will post player instructions as well.
Also, which TIs are preventing crosses? Work ball into box?

I will post a game on here later when i get home then. Btw how do you save a game? I have never done it before.
Will post player instructions as well.
Also, which TIs are preventing crosses? Work ball into box?
Click on the fixture --> Save Match. It's a tiny file.

Work Ball into Box, definitely. Exploit middle could possibly too.