ViolentLogic

Reaction score
Using Barcelona, playing a 4-3-3/4-5-1. I've tried everything, reducing/increasing creative freedom, reducing passing to shortest possible, reducing through balls to nothing, reducing tempo to absolute zero, increasing time wasting to max, etc, etc, etc.

This is for Champions League, even when my entire squad is Fired Up or Motivated I still can't retain possession. Maybe I will win 2-1 but I can't get any possession above 50%.

This is unacceptable for me playing as Barcelona because I care more about high possession than winning by a lot of goals, there is a specific style I want to play with but I can't make this work against Internazionale of ALL TEAMS?

I can keep possession against ******* Real, Valencia, Manchester United, and a lot of other big teams but not against ******* INTER.

This is driving me absolutely insane and I need help, I am going to play FIFA for a while so I can retain 80% possession and calm the **** down but yeah, any help would be great.

FYI in this current season my team is undefeated so far (9 games), maybe it is the computer/simulation trying to make me lose?

Try reducing width, keep tempo very slow and passing in player instructions to short, I managed to get 55% possesion with Fulham against Arsenal at The Emirates so with Barcelona I'm sure that should do the trick :)

Have you tried playing narrower? If you want to play a possession game then your players need to be closer together,you do this by playing narrow. You should also use 4 supporting players, 2 fullbacks and 2 CMs or 1 CM and 1 FW. then 3 defensive and 3 attack.

Let's try - set passing to shortest for all players except those creative forces =]

firstly i have to ask the question why does it even matter? secondly you cannot be perfect aginst every team that isnt how football works.

inter are an incredbily hard working team who are very good at holding onto possession and pack the midfield. i assume you watched the inter barcelona second leg and assume its easy to get 75 percent possession against them. newsflash barcelona got that because inter had 10 men and let them hold onto the ball where they couldnt do any damage. inter are a very aggressive side, they will close you down very quickly and hold onto the ball through the middle, if you wanna retain possession try playing narrower, use retain posession ad exploit the flanks