Can't loan players from parent club?

Revolve

Reaction score
Hi, so I started a game as Gateshead and got promoted to League 2 and was looking to flesh out my necessarily thin squad with some 0% wage loans from Newcastle. However every time I try they either say "wants the player to play with better quality players" or the players reject me. Even the players worth like 30k are supposed to be playing with higher quality players aswell so it's literally impossible for me to utilise the loan link to loan players.

Is it bugged at the minute or am I missing something?

I always thought the loan link just meant only they can suggest the players they wish loan to you, i didn't think you could just pick any of them and hope they say yes, I think Newcastle literally have to send a player to you on loan whether you want that player or not.

What Sean Taylor said. You can't take your pick of Newcastle first team players, which is what I assume you're trying to do. Of course a player who gets regular first team Premier League football is going to turn down playing for Gateshead in League 2, and of course the club is going to tell you your players aren't good enough.

Edit: However, after reading instead of skimming your post and seeing that you've also tried to get players worth ?30k, which I'm assuming are youngsters, on loan it is weird they'd turn you down and that the club would refuse to allow you to loan them.

Last edited:
Thanks for the replies!

I didn't realise it was at the parent clubs request. In all the years I've played FM I've never really stuck with a lower league game long enough to try it :p

The players I was trying to loan were players like Amalfatino, Good, Miele, Abeid etc, all reserve and young players aswell as the extreme low value ones, so it definitely wasn't first team players I was trying to get, I'm not that foolish :)

I was just curious because Oxford have about 4/5 players loaned from Man City whereas I can't even get one from Newcastle. Is the "players not good enough" based on club reputation rather than league?

Is there any way to let the parent club know you're looking for loan players?

Last edited:
I always thought of it more along the likes of the feeder club having a greater chance of getting on loan, those players who are already listed for loan by the Parent Club. So if your parent club has someone listed for loan, you have greater chances of landing him than an unaffiliated club. I maybe wrong, but that's how I thought it worked.

I was just curious because Oxford have about 4/5 players loaned from Man City whereas I can't even get one from Newcastle. Is the "players not good enough" based on club reputation rather than league?

I think both club and league reputation play a part in it, since who wants to play for a really low league team where they can barely get recognition? Your facilities may play a part too, but im unsure if thats a factor in whether a player wants to move or not.

As far as i know there are no way to contact your parent club asking for players, which is unfortunate i suppose. Only thing i can suggest is to ask your board to try and find another parent club.

Thanks for the replies!

I didn't realise it was at the parent clubs request. In all the years I've played FM I've never really stuck with a lower league game long enough to try it :p

The players I was trying to loan were players like Amalfatino, Good, Miele, Abeid etc, all reserve and young players aswell as the extreme low value ones, so it definitely wasn't first team players I was trying to get, I'm not that foolish :)

They still need to be willing to go, regardless of parent status. Scout the club to get a list.

as wkdsoul says if you scout the club then you'll recieve a list back and you can get any of them for 0% wages, at least that's how it works for the roma youngsters on my sportkring sint niklaas save where we are now in teh belgian pro league after starting out in the belgian third division, but even then we could get club brugge players in my first season, then after changing my parent club to anderlecht for the second division we could get their players aswell through the same method.

just scout the club to get a list returned to you or scout the players and then the report should indicate whether you can or not.

I’m playing Gateshead as well and have had no luck getting players from Newcastle that I’m interested in. I’m sure if I wanted their crappy, young players I could get one!

Just saw in my news feed "Newcastle have accepted the loan offer from Oldham for Bryn Morris". Oldham are in League 2, I'm in League 1 and second in the table after 16 games. It must be reputation based and I haven't gained enough rep from the promotion to League 1 to have more rep than Oldham. Either that or there is something else wrong here, because that makes no sense to me whatsoever.

How do I get a parent club?

Hi,

I've just started a new game with Burton Albion and I've seen people talking about having parent clubs? Can someone please tell me how to get one?