dannyrefc

Reaction score
well i am really struggling on this version and i wouldnt say im unhappy i was at first now i find it interesting and a learning curve haha.

i have mentioned before i dont watch matches i just only commentary but i have played the game enough years to have an idea what will happen and what stats to look out for and i use prozone to help give me an indication also.

i am really struggling in my everton save this year i have changed tactics a fair bit, by this i dont mean chopping and changing as i know it takes time for players to get used to them i have gone from a 4-2-3-1 to a 4-1-2-2-1(433) but still not had much success.

i am really inconsistent and cant seem to put anything together and im also suffering from players moaning and poor morale at times with bad momentum.

i have even just now had the players call a team meeting wanting me to change tactics but now im lost as i dont know what to do, i dont know what to change and im struggling to improve morale.

anyone else having a tough time?

Can you post a screenshot of your tactic so we can see player roles, instructions etc?

how do i take a screenshot havent taken one since around fm11 haha ?

ALT + F9 mate is the easiest way, then it goes into a folder, to find it its somewhere along the lines of.. SportsInteractive/fm16/screenshots.... if you google it or even search it on here you should find it, im at work the now and cant remember off the top of my head lol

its not working for me i dont know if typing it will help

4-1-2-2-1

Gk-d
fb-a
cd-d
cd-d
fb-a
dm-d
dlp-s
ap-a
if-s
if-s
cf-a

Flexible - control

higher tempo
shorter passing
close down more
normal d-line
work ball into box

Put the tempo to low if your playing a control type game so you keep the ball more, I personally wouldnt have my fullbacks on attack with only a defensive midfielder as the midfield screen so support should do, setting the dlp to defend would make your midfield screen slightly better as well, perhaps putting the defensive line to slightly deeper could benefit everton as well as i am pretty sure the cb's arent very fast but i dont play as everton just a guess.

Make sure your CB's arent rushing out to close down either as this will leave huge space in the middle.

i see thanks for your advice, i normally do have full backs on support but the only reason they are attack is to provide a bit more going forwards, on support i only have 2 attack duties

i see thanks for your advice, i normally do have full backs on support but the only reason they are attack is to provide a bit more going forwards, on support i only have 2 attack duties
Well you could put whichever one is better at going forward on attack, but having fullbacks bomb forward usually leaves space at the back post when you get countered etc, dont know if you notice playing on commentary but lots of people have complained about conceding from crosses and i think its the reason why, i also tend to play with a structured tactic rather than a fluid etc as they tend to stick to what you tell them to do a bit more.

A few thoughts....

My first question would be what are you trying to achieve? It looks like a possession based tactic, so I'm running with that thought, but if its something else, please let us know.

-agree with Steven about the tempo. A possession game at a high tempo is hard to pull off. You need really REALLY good players to consistently make the right decision as quick as possible. And if you don't have that across the board, you are going to turn the ball over a lot. And often in dangerous situations. So you leave yourself susceptible to being countered, which is more effective on this ME.

-the other TIs aren't really problematic, but I might drop Shorter passing for Retain Possession - if possession is the intent. They are already going to have relatively short passing, but by using the TI as well, you might be limited any incisive forward passes. Do you find a lot of aimless passes amongst your midfield and defense?

-Steven noted the FB concerns (which I agree with). The roles look okay otherwise, but I would take a hard look at the positioning of the midfield. Neither of your CMs looks like they will get forward too much, which could limit attacking options. A CF-A also seems likely to get isolated, so a support role might be better. I can see you CMs getting the ball up to an IF, who is going to have limited passing options - back to CM, FB who might be behind them but not real forward options if your CF is being marked. So they either dribble (without much support) or pass backwards. A runner in midfield might be helpful - a B2B or a CM-A, who will get forward more. You don't really need two playmaker roles in CM, so you could try switching one.

-consider dropping the Work the Ball into the Box TI. It doesn't seem like players are bombs away from range so much anymore, and given that you have only one forward, that might be limiting your players from looking at valid shooting options when they are on the edge of the box. If your IF runs to the edge of the box and has a good angle, shooting should be an option, not just passing to the single player you have in the box (CF) who is being marked by 2 or 3 defenders.

One of the approaches I have found that can be helpful is to write it all down. Start with the overall tactical approach. Then the shape - explain why it suits your tactical approach. Then each individual role - how does it suit what you are trying to do, what are the positives, and also what are the negatives. Considering the other roles you are using. Then explain each TI - why am I using it, what does it all, what is the negative it brings. The point of it all is to make yourself really consider each decision both individually and as part of the whole.