JLBfifa

Reaction score
I've just seen while managing Dortmund that Wayne Rooney had been transfer listed. After selling Lewandowski I had a £19m bid accepted. When I offered him the contract, I could not offer enough money. Using FMEL I changed my wage budget to a ridiculous amount of money, and I could still not offer more than 150k per week despite having 700k+ p/w left in my wage budget. Anyone had this problem?

Yep, tried a lot of things but nothing worked.. Also adjusted my budget right down and everything.

Think it might have something to do with the players quality or CA and what the board deem to be sufficient for that specific player. In the past when renewing contracts the wages I can offer the player have been capped, when trying to renew the contracts of 2 players in the same position with the same squad status the maximum wages I could offer them was different, and for the player with the better CA I was able to offer higher wages.

Try and offer them your maximum wage, add a bonus fee after number of goals scored, and increase his wages when he reaches 10 games with the club (wage after number of games for club)

Whether I can sign a player or not is what makes FM worth playing, using things like FMEL and signing who I want, fixing my team/breaking another kind of defeats the purpose of the game. Why not start with a Bet Square Premier team give them a massive rating so players will join, a 250k seater stadium, ten trillion squillion £££ transfer/wage budget and totally destroy the league with 20-0 results? (I have this friend who bought a game for £45 and also bought the glossy walkthrough/guide for £9.99 at the same time) Face, meet palm!!

Whether I can sign a player or not is what makes FM worth playing, using things like FMEL and signing who I want, fixing my team/breaking another kind of defeats the purpose of the game. Why not start with a Bet Square Premier team give them a massive rating so players will join, a 250k seater stadium, ten trillion squillion £££ transfer/wage budget and totally destroy the league with 20-0 results? (I have this friend who bought a game for £45 and also bought the glossy walkthrough/guide for £9.99 at the same time) Face, meet palm!!

Not everybody likes to play a game the same way. If somebody gets value from it playing their way then it's just as valid a way of playing as yours.

Whats your debt situation? Maybe you re not in the black thats why they dont allow you to offer high wages?

Also maybe you ve got too many players on very high wages.

Try 'walking away' from negotiations and making a new bid. If you have a big enough wage budget, it shouldn't matter about your balance of the players rep. Although it could of messed it up if you used an editor.

Did you actually bother reading my post? I said that I found it strange how I couldn't offer him enough so I used FMEL to experiment and see IF I had a huge wage budget if i could fix it. And no, that didn't help.

View attachment 475075

Here's a picture. As you can see I have a huge available wage budget but can only offer £155k per week.

(Greedy ******* isn't he :p)

I dont think your comment has absolutely anything to do with what he is asking, The Worlds Biggest Face Palm! XD

I have never tried using these tools so I dont know how things Work when fiddling with numbers in a unrealistic way. But, if looking at it as the game works when you play it normally, the club should not afford the high wage unless actually having the money AND a huge turnover.

As far as I understand, you have not given the club a boost in finances, reputation or income but have only raised the " budget". This just means that the budget alone don't let you use all that money on players but you would need to raise the other things to.

Also, 700 is not really THAT much to influence it. If you had 7mill left, then its a different thing.

Different clubs have a different wage structure .Dortmund board is known for being strick.So you would need a lot of extra wage to offer what he wants.Just having 700 k wont make a difference at dortmund.

Thanks guys. I'll try raising it ridiculously. I don't want to cheat so I won't actually sign him, I'll just see if it works.

Yeah, nothing seems to be working. Oh well. Thanks to those who tried.

What I really don't get is that it won't even let you offer what he is already on, as that would mean the wage budget wouldn't go up anyway :L

EDIT: Ignore me, I didn't read the OP again when I looked at the screenshot and I thought you were United

Last edited: