Welcome!

FM Base has been serving the Football Manager community for nearly two decades and we're keen to ensure that we are here for two decades more.

Become a part of our community today, and you'll quickly realise that the Football Manager community is the best community.

Register

Cant select certain coaches in Opponent instructions

Reaction score
I've just started a new season with Aberdeen and for some reason my best coach for Opponent instructions (Fernando Navarro) is now useless, Gone from selecting 8 players with instructions to only 1 and sometimes even unavailable for selecting players.

Only change is my assistant retired and i signed a new guy but i've checked responsabilitys ect to see if he's doing something and i cant see anything thats change so can anyone tell me whats happened?

Example
View attachment 351954

The faded out coaches are the ones im talking about

Thanks

Reaction score
If I remember correctly, it's because they aren't familiar with your opponent so they can't give advice. I think if you hover over their name it actually says this.

Reaction score
If I remember correctly, it's because they aren't familiar with your opponent so they can't give advice. I think if you hover over their name it actually says this.
Exactly - if you are not going to do IOs yourself its imperative that your assman has high tactical knowledge.