BuzzLIte

Reaction score
Hi,

So I have a player who is on a 70K p/w contract and adds nothing to the squad. I tried to sell him but no one wants him, even on free transfer. So what should I do with him? I really don't want him.

Thanks

Mutual Terminate his contract or ask him to reduce his wages?

Ask it to players like Winston Bogarde in the past. He was in the second squad of Chelsea for 4 years with a big salary and no chance to play. But they paid his montly wage and he was happy with it. So there is a chance players don't want to leave.

1) your board wont allow you to terminate a big contract like that if there are more than say 6 months left on it (even less)
2) try and make him happy/willing to sign a new contract, then offer him less and less duration (that normally does not work)
3) offer him out, someone will eventually bite!
4) offer to loan him out at 50% of his wages with £0 transfer fee, if someone accepts at least you are recovering 35k per month, do this until his contract expires...

may sound strange, but you really should consider playing him in the first team for a while, a player who does resonably well and play on semi regular basis will generate more intrest from other clubs

**** him off and he'll ask to have his contract terminated in a month or so.

Try loaning him out.. If that fails then just keep offering him mutual termination until he accepts.