camelelf

Reaction score
On my old save I used a simple 4222 wingers formation which worked perfectly from the start to 2020.
On my current save I can't settle with a tactic, I'm always changing and nothing seems to be clicking, this is the part of the game I don't work well with, as weird as it sounds I'm just not that kind of person who can create and work out stuff like this :S

More to the point, I've just started the 13/14 season, last season I used the same 4222 tactic as before but I prefer to play more narrow and direct so I decided to try out 41212. I'd rather use that as Neymar can play ST rather than left wing and will utilize my two wonderkid strikers in a few years.

Here is my main team providing everyone has full fitness - View attachment 378665

Team Tactics - View attachment 378666
I thought that might work well, maybe my thinking was wrong, I drew 3-3 with Sunderland. Lost to Stoke. drew with Dortmund at home (Got smacked stats wise) and I find myself 7 points behind City after just 7 games, so it wasn't exactly a Success.

Build a tactic around your team, i've had this problem with my united save, but i built a tactic and its working well for me so far, teams only having about 2 shots against me a game and where having upto 40 in the prem, im still 3rd in the prem but i've had tactic problems, Look at what players you have and there stats. Play your players in there most accomplished position and make sure they have the right stats for that position!!!!!!!!!! Also check the team instructions and the player instructions make sure you have players coming back into defence when your wingers are going up the field and make sure you have people getting forward. Don't make the players confused by them all having opposite team instructions. Put most of the team instructions on Default!!

Build a tactic around your team, i've had this problem with my united save, but i built a tactic and its working well for me so far, teams only having about 2 shots against me a game and where having upto 40 in the prem, im still 3rd in the prem but i've had tactic problems, Look at what players you have and there stats. Play your players in there most accomplished position and make sure they have the right stats for that position!!!!!!!!!! Also check the team instructions and the player instructions make sure you have players coming back into defence when your wingers are going up the field and make sure you have people getting forward. Don't make the players confused by them all having opposite team instructions. Put most of the team instructions on Default!!
Am I right in thinking that a players best position is shown when you view their profile? On the right hand side?
Is it o.k to use two strikers in the same role - For example two Advanced forwards?

Is it a case of firstly just picking a formation that your best players can fit in, then change their roles to what they personally suit best? Or should you mix and match their player roles depending on other players roles in the team? If that

Just a quick thought upon seeing your formation: You have zero width in your play, if you play no wingers or wide midfielders I feel you should set your fullbacks at least to supporting duty, but generally I think narrow width does not work with your formation at all as you will struggle to win possession and create chances. I think if your players are already close to each other in your formation as it is, playing narrow limits your play. If you play with winger, playing narrow can help them getting into the box and into channels, if you have a diamond midfield i would play wider to stretch the opponents defence and also to dominate possession more. You play one of the best EPL teams I would use high pressing and a higher defensive line, as it is your deep low pressing system gives your opponents way too much time on the ball. Also I don't think an Attacking formation works quite well with medium tempo, I would either switch to high tempo or use the medium tempo you have now and combine it with a control strategy.

Am I right in thinking that a players best position is shown when you view their profile? On the right hand side?
Is it o.k to use two strikers in the same role - For example two Advanced forwards?

Is it a case of firstly just picking a formation that your best players can fit in, then change their roles to what they personally suit best? Or should you mix and match their player roles depending on other players roles in the team? If that

Don't be a slave to the player's stats for each role, it is more important that the player roles suit the general style of play. A slow build up play with short passing can use a Deep Lying Forward quite well, a formation with direct passing might use a Target Man.