Cant sign players on expiring contracts

Nickz

Reaction score
Why dont you get the option to sign some players who have expiring contracts in >6 months? I've noticed you cant sign players that are on loan, but this player i'snt.

You should be able to. It's under contract in stead of transfer offer this year.

In England, you can only sign players with expiring contracts <1 month from expiry (i.e. May 30)

In England, you can only sign players with expiring contracts <1 month from expiry (i.e. May 30)
Is this just for some players? I've signed plenty on the 6 month expiry. Got Pogba in the same period and signed him with 6 months left a juve.

Is this just for some players? I've signed plenty on the 6 month expiry. Got Pogba in the same period and signed him with 6 months left a juve.

He means, if you're an English club, then you can approach to sign players at other English clubs only when there's one month remaining on their contracts. Doesn't apply to foreign clubs.

He means, if you're an English club, then you can approach to sign players at other English clubs only when there's one month remaining on their contracts. Doesn't apply to foreign clubs.

Ah okey. But this is a foreign club. So might be a bug then?

Weird, I'm in early November, and I can't sign players from that team or league whose contracts expire 12/31 of this year.

You can't offer players in Brazil a pre-contract, pretty sure of that. They don't have the Bosman ruling over there. Barcelona could not have got Neymar for free if they waited a year, even though he had only one year left on his contract.

You can't offer players in Brazil a pre-contract, pretty sure of that. They don't have the Bosman ruling over there. Barcelona could not have got Neymar for free if they waited a year, even though he had only one year left on his contract.

Didn't think of that. Makes sense. Should just have bought him at lower fee near the end of contract. Someone else beat me to it. Thanks for clearing it up. Are there similar rules for any other leagues?

Interesting, I always thought this was unique to English clubs.