ukneo2000

Reaction score
Ok, this is probably going to be the stupidest technical help request ever ...

I've just started a new game, and had a random team chosen for me (Brentford), and it's still pre-season. My assistant manager helpfully suggested my first team and researves playing a friendly so I can see my players, and so I said 'yes' - seems like a good idea. I've also taken control of the first team, researves and under 18s.

So I select my Senior Squad, and click 'continue'. Now I select my Reserve Squad, and click on the red 'Match' button in the top right corner, and nothing happens. This is how I usually begin a match.

I've checked all my players are eligible, all positions are filled etc. I haven't ben through coplex tactic set up yet, but I'm employed the ever-faithful 4-4-2 formation. Why won't the match start?

Any thoughts welcome.

As it's a pre season match and a reserve match I would just for the sake out it change the settings for your assistant manager to take control of friendlies....I have had this a couple of times and this is how I got past it.

Good suggestion - but this hasn't worked. The game still hangs waiting for the 'Reserve Sqauaf' to be ready.

Good suggestion - but this hasn't worked. The game still hangs waiting for the 'Reserve Sqauaf' to be ready.

have you tried asking your assistant to pick the team as well? If you selected for him to control friendlies also try electing him to control the reserves.

Yes, I asked the assistant to choose the team too, and that hasn't worked.

I thought Going on holiday would be a good idea, but it tells me I can't go on holiday on a match day. And because it's such a new game, I don't have a save point to return to. I'd normally just start again, but a) I've spent loads of time getting my Senior team sorted out, and b) It's become a matter of principle.

I'm sure I'm just doing something stupid, but who knows.