Can't Talk to Players - or they refuse to talk to me

Snorks

Reaction score
OK, I am only just into the 2nd season of this save and have just taken over Morecambe, having taken Aveley to the playoffs. I have a newly relegated club in the National League, looking strong.

I have three players in the squad, all unhappy at 'not being considered part of the future plans', I actually want them to stay (being the new manager).

I try and talk to them, praise conduct or praise performance, but the option just isn;t there. It is with other players.

Is it some kind of bug? I have never come across this before, so it could be a quirk in the new 'dynamics' or simply that they just refuse to listen to me.

They have a year left on their contracts but won't discuss renewing as they are 'unhappy at the club'.

Will sell them if I really have to, but they are three of the best players i have, are performing well so far, have 'good' or 'very good' morale.

I am hoping that our performance will convince them to stay, but will get rid in January if they are still feeling the same, to cash in.

Anyone else have this problem?

(I am playing with the lower league DBase in this save)