Can't win anything with kids?

dobbin252

Reaction score
Hi, I play as Swansea and have got rid of all of the original players for regenerated ones.

At the moment I'm struggling in the Premier League with players that have attributes that should be at least mid table quality. I have a really young team mostly 19-20 years old with some 18 and 21 and most have been in team for about a year.

Basically can anyone tell me should I be just patient and wait before it will eventually come good or is it possible to do well with kids, just bad tactics on my behalf?

Cheers in advance:)

Mental attributes for the kids will not be as high as older players (those ones continue to develop with age) so that may be a factor. Hard to tell as there are so many things which can influence your team's form.

Personally, I'd look for some players in their peak to help out just out of principle - rolemodel types. I try to have the GK and at least one defender, one midfielder and one striker in the 'peak' age range (or a tad older is fine as you go down the divisions). Seems to help a lot, especially for the captain and vicecaptain roles. But that's just personal feeling, everyone is different and I'm sure great things are possible doing things very differently :)

its good to have a mix of experience and youth. just be patient and the results will come;)

Youth on the wings and maybe 1 up front is good, but not every where on the pitch :)

you need an experianced spine to your team. ie. 1 defender 1 midlielder 1 striker who are experienced. ive tried what you have before and you need this for it to work.

You just gotta have a look at what Wenger has done at Arsenal, he's got rid of most of his experienced players, doesn't really have a naturual leader in the team, and for all the talent they have, they continue to underperform!!!

Same's happening with me. My team are aged mostly between 19-23 and they are all pretty good players but I think I need some more experience. I only have 6 good players aged 25+

You just gotta have a look at what Wenger has done at Arsenal, he's got rid of most of his experienced players, doesn't really have a naturual leader in the team, and for all the talent they have, they continue to underperform!!!

Hate to admit it but is true:(

letting flamini and gilberto go was a massive mistake, Flamini just held back and let fabregas do all the going foward and flamini doing all the dirty work. But now that flamini has gone fabregas has to do both really which you cant blame him for being poor this season:(

Hleb aswell, fabregas and hleb has a fantastic partnership now hes gone it has left a big hole in fabregas, fabregas is not even half the player he was last season.

alll the leaders are gone:mad:

thats why we should of signed someone like marcos senna or torsten frings or maybe xabi alonso instead of arshavin.

dobbin252 why did you sell bodde anyway? hes quality!

Last edited: