Baggie Crow

Reaction score
playing FM14 as West Brom international level manager.
Won every pre-season game as follows:
CSKA Moscow-0-2 WBA
Ajax-1-3 WBA
WBA 7-0 Torquay
WBA-3-1 Nuneaton.
Bordeaux 2-3 WBA

So I was feeling pretty chuffed with myself along with the fact i signed Mussachio from Villareal for 1.2 mil I was looking forward to the game starting up. The following then occurred:

Went 3-0 to stoke first game of the season within half an hour. was like managing a different team. no attacking threat woeful set piece defending the works.
I've since only managed to score via penalties via which i beat West Ham but have since lost to Southampton drawn to Liverpool and Sunderland and was stuffed by Spurs.

I;ve tried different tactics I've tried different formations, players in different positions everything. they cant score and cant win. WTF is going on? I'm new to the series but how hard can it be this is a joke.

you have to give your formation the time to be mastered by the team and for the team to gel. plus man management is really important; praise player when they perform and warn them when they don't

They're know 3 formations but they just cant do anything. It's worse than watching sunday league, when in pre-season they were banging them in. I do that in the team talks if people are doing well or badly i single them out but morale is constantly on fairly poor or poor and not even a team meeting would pick it above average.

losing 2 out of 5 isnt too bad for westbrom... and a draw against liverpool is a good result as for chopping and changing i just ask why? its been 5 games. Are you expecting to win every game because you beat nuneaton?

id say that's a reasonable start to the season. the first 6 games are a lottery anyway.

No but they should be better. Quick update to say they are mid-table now and around 15th but im absolutely petrified of changing the team too much in case they just capitulate again.

Have a look in this thread to see what info we need to help you

http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/football-manager-2014-tactics/142274-help-threads-please-read.html

I;ve tried different tactics I've tried different formations, players in different positions everything. they cant score and cant win. WTF is going on? I'm new to the series but how hard can it be this is a joke.

Why not take the time to look at your squad and see where your stregnths and weaknesses lies. Just changing by trial and error wont make you achieve your goals, a goal that should be staying up by getting a secure 12-16 place

Last edited:
Got to xmas and have slipped down into 18th place 1 point from safety and have been given 5 games to win 9 points... lost the first game to Stoke. I really can't see myself keeping the job.

For me, the latest update is killing me. I'm getting average of 20 shots, 10 on goal, 3 CCC's, and no goals, at all.
60% possession...
And nothing. Started the season with the previous patch in 1st place winning my first 6 in my second season with Everton, after the new patch I'm in 10th having gone 6 games (including Cup and EC games) without a goal. The team's already fully comfortable with the tactic. I'm tweaking roles and individual instructions...but nothing.
SI compeltely f?cked me.
Set pieces are a disaster, it seems like every time there's a corner kick there's a breakdance tournament in the box with the ball hitting the post 1 or 2 times.
The fact that you need to adjust anything after every update is absolutely egregious.

I literally can not win a game after the new patch, was 2nd in Serie A with Roma before the patch and since the patch I've not won in 11 games and got sacked :(