joshr100

Reaction score
Right where do I start, every game I set up I seem to lose interest as I dont win as much as I should.

My recent attempt was Barnsley. After two months, the only game I won was a 2-0 victory against Rochdale in the league cup. I NEVER win away, and always seem to slip up at home after going a goal up. Ive tried everything, changing tactics, going defensive, going more attacking, what ever I do I cant win. Its making me now enjoy the game like I used to. This is the same no matter who I be.

The only time I ever seem to do any good is with a good premier league team (man utd, chelsea etc.) But I just dont enjoy being at these clubs as I find it far too easy.

Any ideas on why I dont do any good any other time?

It just means that you don't know the game mechanics enough yet to play a lower league. Try something slightly easier perhaps a mid-table or bottom-half team in the EPL.

I have played FM for years though and every other FM I have played I can hack lower league clubs and its annoying me. But maybe I will just give a lower prem team a go even though its my ideal choice :(

I have played FM for years though and every other FM I have played I can hack lower league clubs and its annoying me. But maybe I will just give a lower prem team a go even though its my ideal choice :(

In that case try Newcastle :)

Yep yep, Newcastle is fun. But Chico Nico, it seems my save is kicking your **** at the moment haha

A lot depends on press conferences, and to a degree your assistant.

Keeping morale high is paramount.

I think its about getting confidence in your management back- I had a few saves where things weren't going right, my tactics were poor and results were heavily against me- And things like that do happen.

I think the best way to fall back in love with FM is too pick a team you maybe have a soft spot for and have always wanted to manage- I picked MK Dons, Predicted 12th in League One, but thats a personal preference for you. Then make a tactic your happy with when you start with your squad- Obviously pick one that suits your squad best [In theory a controlled, rigid tactic would do well in the Lower Leagues, though I've never really tried it] and then stick with that tactic through the season. I was in the relegation zone after 5 matches, but stuck with the tactic and got some beastly results and I'm now 4th in November.

So yeah, stick with your tactic and keep the faith- It will only take one good season to fall back in love with FM :wub:

Thanks giggles that motivational speech brought a tear to my eye haha seriously though thanks I will give it a go with one of my local teams Walsall, not sure what is expected of them but can't see it being much a stick with them for a season and see how it goes :) thanks for that!

A lot depends on press conferences, and to a degree your assistant.

Keeping morale high is paramount.

I never do press conferences (except if I sign a new player). I went 5 years with Spurs doing no press conferences and won the league 3 times on the trot. I think team talks are far more important than press conferences. If your team is playing bad, at half time tell them your angry/disappointed, usually works for me. But there's a lot more to just talking to your players. I've trawled through 100's of threads on this forum finding the answers to where I'm going wrong. I've improved a lot, but am still far from mastering it.

Press Conferences are very important in lower leagues.

I usually skip most of them when I'm in top leagues as my players are skilled enough, experienced enough, and have likely already blended together.

But in lower leagues, you shouldn't skip press conferences.

Cheers for this? Do you think I should try and create my own tactic or are there any proven good tactics for lower league teams on, tried searching but can never seem to find any.

Pick a Top Half Championship Team , Keep Everything The Same , Tactics , Coaches Etc...... Then When You Start Winning Games, Experiment Then You Will Find Your Own Winning Formula , But Keep It Simple 4-4-2 or 4-4-2 Diamond , Don't Touch The Team Instructions, And Find The Best Players In Their Best Positions, Also If Its Too Long For You Just Speed Up The Game Speed But Keep An Eye On The Game, Too Make Subs Etc....

---------- Post added at 07:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:10 PM ----------

4-4-2

Strikers - Target Man - Poacher

Midfielders - Winger - Auto - Defensive - Winger

Defenger - Auto - Defend - Defend - Auto

Keeper - Defend Obviously

I'm Currently 6 With Portsmouth , You Dominate Games And Score Alot With That Tactic Give It a Try And Get Back To Me.