• Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 38
  • Views Views 2K

W4FC B3N

Reaction score
Reminder of Roberto Carlos

Bale 'best player in the world' - Capello

5230DA7264E8B82654F56C489F2AA.jpg

As Tottenham prepare to face Fabio Capello's former side Milan in the Champions League on Wednesday, the England manager has hailed Gareth Bale.
Bale missed the first leg at San Siro as a Peter Crouch goal gave Tottenham a 1-0 advantage, but returned from a six-week absence against Wolves at the weekend and is expected to occupy a place on the bench at White Hart Lane as Spurs seek to reach the quarter-finals.
The Welshman's brilliant performances against Inter in the group stages saw his profile rise considerably on the continent, and in a warning to the club Capello lead to domestic and European success, the Italian has said Bale is currently the best player on the globe.
"He is today the number one player in the world," Capello said. "He is the only one who can make a difference in the role he plays.
"He has pace, technique and strength. Those three qualities are hard to find in a player who is not a striker. He reminds me of Roberto Carlos, who was born a left back. He was an explosive player and the only one who came even closest to Bale.
"His pace reminds me of the legendary Real Madrid midfielder Francisco Gento, who was unstoppable when he set off down the left flank - but Gento was a born winger, not a left back. He did not possess the same strength as Bale."
Tottenham manager Harry Redknapp says he will not risk Bale from the start against Milan as he is struggling with his fitness, but believes the player's mere presence on the bench will concern the Serie A leaders.
"I don't think there is a better left-sided player around," Redknapp said. "He has got everything. He is 6ft 2in tall, the physique on him is incredible, the pace, the ability to cross the ball, shoot, dribble, head it, he can do everything.
"The world sat up and recognised him after what he did to Inter but he has been tearing teams to pieces for over a year. He's done it against everybody, really.
"If Milan see him on the bench it will give them a few concerns. I'd love to see him start but he's doubtful at the moment. This morning [Monday] he felt he wasn't quite ready to start [the game]. His back was okay but he felt a little stiff in his legs."

Last edited:
He's come on well this season but he has a long way to go to be the best player in world. He's got great pace and slkill. Will be ineteresting to see how he gets on tonight. In that game against Inter he skinned Macon everytime it was amazing!!

I look at it this way; Bale smashed the best defense in the world, Inter, Messi failed to do so.

If he carries on developing as rapidly as he has done the past year no doubt he could be up there with messi as the best in the world.

he is already a ryan giggs in my book, in terms of pace and skill of course ;)

Lol...Bale is good but thats a really stupid thing to say Capello. I dont know why he even said that. Bale is not even playing for his england team.

Bale still needs to improve and he has been injured recently and a couple of games doesn't make him worlds best.

But he has the potential to be a one of the best players in the future. But not the best IMO.

So what he means is he's the best LWer in the world. Struggle to disagree with that atm, but he's nowhere near the best player in the world full stop.

Clean up the OP - post the whole article, instead of just a link.

Can someone post the content as i can't access the link..

Lol...Bale is good but thats a really stupid thing to say Capello. I dont know why he even said that. Bale is not even playing for his england team.

Bale still needs to improve and he has been injured recently and a couple of games doesn't make him worlds best.

But he has the potential to be a one of the best players in the future. But not the best IMO.

probally cos bale is welsh...

Best player in the world? He is not even the best player in Spurs nevermind London.

Is this some big joke?. Bale has 7 premiership goals & 1 ASSISTS. Sorry fabio i didnt relise he was better than Cristiano Ronaldo who has 27 La liga goals in 26 games and 8 Assists, AND ALSO better than Lionel Messi who has scored 27 goals in 24 la liga games AND 15 ASSISTS. Nani 13 Assists & 9 goals. Need i go on?

Is this some big joke?. Bale has 7 premiership goals & 1 ASSISTS. Sorry fabio i didnt relise he was better than Cristiano Ronaldo who has 27 La liga goals in 26 games and 8 Assists, AND ALSO better than Lionel Messi who has scored 27 goals in 24 la liga games AND 15 ASSISTS. Nani 13 Assists & 9 goals. Need i go on?

I look at it this way; Bale smashed the best defense in the world, Inter, Messi failed to do so.

Good bye

Best defence in the World?

Not a chance.

Maicon has always been horrific defensively.

If he carries on developing as rapidly as he has done the past year no doubt he could be up there with messi as the best in the world.

Has the potential, but so do Nasri, Wilshere, maybe Nani etc.
People say 'up there with messi' messi is only 23 or so, he is still young, with much scope to improve aswell (scarily)

Post above...

Bale didin't smash the best defense in the world. You guys seems to forget that Inter had rafa as a coach when they played against Spurs, and they were on poor form. Their defense is much worse after Mourinho left them.

You can't really compare them.
Messi played against Mourinhos Inter defense.

Edit: Someone was faster :)

Back