Capello NOT to attend U-19s Semi Final!!!

• Thread starter Thread starter CJACKO11
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 42
  • Views Views 3K

Does it Matter that Capello hasen't shown much intrest??

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

CJACKO11

Reaction score
Fabio Capello is NOT going to be attending England U19s Semi Final against Spain later on today and has not been to see any of the games himself. This is raising questions that he is not following his duties as England boss and hasen't even met with U-19s Boss Noal Blake. And now with the story that he didnt even ask Paul Scholes to come out of retirement himself he got his little run around boy Franco Baldini to do it why is Capello shying away from his duties??? Should he go???

I think this is disgusting from Capello this should be standard procedure i am keen to find out what you all think on this.

Last edited:
So much for looking forwards to the future of English football.

What an idiot,after his the shambles of a World Cup,I expect better from him but there must be some reason...

To be honest, he's the one saying he's going to bring more youth through and yet he doesn't even watch them play. I think it is disgusting how he promises these things and yet still can't accept that they are the future and he needs to think about that now

I know capello said he would be introducing youth into the squad, but he meant players like rodwell, wilshere etc. none of the players playing tonight will get into the squad anytime soon imo, so it isn't the end of the world.

I know capello said he would be introducing youth into the squad, but he meant players like rodwell, wilshere etc. none of the players playing tonight will get into the squad anytime soon imo, so it isn't the end of the world.

i know that but just think what a lift it would give them if the first team boss came and watched you play.

I agree,but atleast by watching them,he will be able to get a idea of who has potential to go on and play for England one day and then he can regularly scout them and play a major part in their development instead of leaving em alone

woah talk about a massive knee jerk reaction from you lot. one he trusts in the assessment of noel blake, the same way he does with pearce in the under 21s. two. none of these players will go srtaight to the england squad, at best they will go to the under 21's. my god give the man a chance to actually come good on his youth promise, he hasnt even played our first game yet

Last edited:
Capello is the first team manager first and foremost surely, he has assistants to look over the sub teams i would of thought and they report back to him about certain players etc. if he managed all the sub teams by himself.. he would barely have the time to concentrate on the first team squad one would imagine.

This is why we need a English manager, someone who actually cares for the cause. Not just for the money

On one hand, it isn't his job, and as madsheep explained he surely trusts his lieutenants.

On the other hand, I don't think it's the wisest move for Capello himself. After the shambles of the WC and publically declaring that he wants to bring trhough youth I'd have expected him to make a public effort to seem interested.

---------------

This is why we need a English manager, someone who actually cares for the cause. Not just for the money

Don't be so ridiculous. You think the reason he isn't going is because he's Italian?

woah talk about a massive knee jerk reaction from you lot. one he trusts in the assessment of noel blake, the same way he does with pearce in the under 21s. two. none of these players will go srtaight to the england squad, at best they will go to the under 21's. my god give the man a chance to actually come good on his youth promise, he hasnt even played our first game yet

Yes but what reason does he have for not watching any of the games, he's paid £6,000,000 a yeah and for what? He's probably on holiday somewhere when he should be concentrating on building a new team.

This is why we should employ somebody like Stuart Pearce who actually cares about young talent and the future of English football, Capello only cares about much he's getting paid

Yes but what reason does he have for not watching any of the games, he's paid £6,000,000 a yeah and for what? He's probably on holiday somewhere when he should be concentrating on building a new team.

This is why we should employ somebody like Stuart Pearce who actually cares about young talent and the future of English football, Capello only cares about much he's getting paid
so you dont know where he is, but you've assumed hes on holday, despite the fact that just last week he met with the FA and trveor brooking. how do you know hes not concentrating on a new team? either way no replacement is coming til 2012.

You'd expect a manager to attend the U19/U21 games if he had said he was going to focus on youth, regardless whether he trusts his cronies or not. But I'm loving it!

aannddy, i understand you suspicsions ( i too want to see pearce as manager) but lets actually see what unfold before writing him off. also anyone goign to the hungary game?

I wouldnt excpect him to go since his assistant can tell him about it, and it could be worthless cause if they do horrible i Euro they are gonna get rid of him and then the youth he would have looked at wouldnt hace the chance since capello leaves

so you dont know where he is, but you've assumed hes on holday, despite the fact that just last week he met with the FA and trveor brooking. how do you know hes not concentrating on a new team? either way no replacement is coming til 2012.

Well I've found this, kinda shows how busy he is[n't] - Link - yes I know that is for the final in which we may or may not reach but it kind of shows how much Capello has going on right now, very little. And according to Noel Blake, Fabio hasn't even contacted him once so it seems Noel has been communicating with Pearce and Brooking, kinda shows the commitment or lack of it from Capello..

Well I've found this, kinda shows how busy he is[n't] - Link - yes I know that is for the final in which we may or may not reach but it kind of shows how much Capello has going on right now, very little. And according to Noel Blake, Fabio hasn't even contacted him once so it seems Noel has been communicating with Pearce and Brooking, kinda shows the commitment or lack of it from Capello..
capello is first team manager, blake is under 19, pearce is under 21 and brooking technical director. its more imprtant that he speaks to the latter two rather than capello. all im saying have patience rather than assuming all is lost already

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back